Chinese parachute ration

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Delicious
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if

Re: Chinese parachute ration

Postby Delicious » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:08 pm

laughing_man wrote:The more images.
It's 24h ration.
https://tieba.baidu.com/p/4402602216

Thanks !
I will try to buy it. Well you don';t want to know what is the automatic translation from chinese... :)
Have access to: Polish, Russian, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:Swedish/Finnish, Chinese, Korean, New Zealand , Hungarian, HDR
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

laughing_man

Postby laughing_man » Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Delicious wrote:
It's 24h ration.

Thanks !
I will try to buy it. Well you don';t want to know what is the automatic translation from chinese... :)

Sorry, it was not 24h ration.
It's a single meal although the menu of breakfast, lunch, and supper is prepared.

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Postby alohakid » Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:58 pm

It's 24h ration.

Update:
It is a single meal although the menu of breakfast, lunch, and supper is prepared.

laughing_man - Thanks for the link... can you tell how much?

mahalo

laughing_man

Postby laughing_man » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:42 am

alohakid wrote:laughing_man - Thanks for the link... can you tell how much?

I cannot speak Chinese at all.
However, a Kanji (Chinese character) has many common features in Japan and China. :D

battlemaster365

Postby battlemaster365 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:40 am

Delicious wrote:军需物资油料部监制
This is the only one photo , which is provided. For me this is a bit "too pretty" for a military ration

Well far be it from me to offer an opinion: but the last time i looked: US MREs have carried the slogan "Warfighter Recommended, Warfighter Tested, Warfighter Approved" TM :D for quite some time now. - the US DOD thought it was important enough to trademark it

It's not all that flashy compared to the RCIR in my opinion: the RCIR does have a dull box but the contents are colourful :P

I'm chinese by birth but growing up in singapore a whole lot of us can't actually read or write chinese all that well - so i can't provide much language help >.<

battlemaster365

Postby battlemaster365 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:05 am

However i can and provide a off-the-cuff translation of contents according to the video

Breakfast content: (in order of presentation)
Powdered peanut 60g
Dining Kit
Assorted Veggies
Compressed food bars Type 90 (?)

Lunch
FRH (duh) :D
Fried Rice 200g
Five spice beef
Mince meat or pork floss (not very sure)
Compressed Food bars Type 01

(I skipped a large portion - he takes time out in his review to comment on the surrondings and how it look better in the next season - he also provides sound effect while he is filling up the FRH ) :P

Will get back to it eventually

The reviewer says this is a "People's Liberation Army 03 parachute troops outfield ration" and during the review he makes reference to a "Type 01" and "Type 90" when talking about the compressed food bars and the spoon - in fact he specifically says it is a "Zero One year spoon" at 1.36 in the video and around 21.17 he says the spoon is closer to a "Type 09" in terms of hardness

The reviewer is a native chinese speaker (I.E Mainland chinese) and it is actually pretty hard to understand for me too

While im here i'll also tell you something - the official title of China's armed forces is 中国人民解放军 which is literally People's Liberation Army but from what i know, in china the words "liberation" is one of the slang terms for orgasm/masturbation which means to a native chinese speaker the words 人民解放军 CAN be twisted to mean "People's Orgasm Troops" or any other combination you think fits :D

battlemaster365

Postby battlemaster365 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 am

Am still watching and deciphering/translating the video but some additional points:

The reviewer comments that the FRH is large enough to heat everything at once - by everything he means the rice and the side dishes (the other stuff in the lunch bag)
The reviewer may be commenting on the spoon because it appears that different menus/types may use different spoon

I just rewatched steve1989 and gundog's reviews of PLA rations and in both their reviews the spoons are very different :D

Return to “International Rations”