Favourite British ration

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Favourite British ration

Postby LaSwede » Tue May 30, 2017 4:20 am

I'm looking to buy a box of British 24hr rations, and was wondering which menus are the best? I know that the answer is very individual, but I might get a hunch of which case has the best potential?

Menu 1-10? 11-20? Vegertarian 1-10? Halal 1-10?

Have acess to several different 3 course swedish rations 4 course rations. Interested in japanese, indonesian, australian, canadian and any from south america

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Re: Favourite British ration

Postby Conrad » Tue May 30, 2017 6:31 am

They're very varied so it's hard to say really. They also seem to very quite regularly.
If you like curry then the vegetarian ones have a lot of curry meals in them . lots of pasta too.

I say just take a chance on them, you'll find something you like in any of the cases

PotterRat

Postby PotterRat » Fri Jun 02, 2017 11:15 pm

Conrad is correct.
The menus change so often, it can basically be a case of pot luck.
It's not like the US MRE's, where you normally have a good idea of the contents, based on the year of production.

You can checkout this thread to get a good idea of what to expect.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7488

Most of the different types of available menus are shown on there.

If you get a full case off ebay, the seller sometimes shows a photo of the full contents list of every menu from inside the case.
That's the only 100% way to know what you are getting in that particular case.

Some listings of individual boxes will also show the contents sheet from inside that box.

Sometimes, simply not knowing for sure, and having a surprise, is all part of the experience. :lol:
Good luck. :lol: :lol:

DangerousDave

Postby DangerousDave » Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:34 pm

Get the #15. Pork All-Day sausage breakfast, Beef Goulash, Chicken Stew, separate rice pack, Choc. Pudding. The Best. Most of the other menu's have been 'pussy-fied, by the British, with vegetarian crap, with them cow-towing to the muslims. Maybe they will wake up, soon. :P
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

LaSwede

Postby LaSwede » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:25 pm

Thanks PotterRat! Didn't know it was that often they changed them, makes it hard to find a specific menu again if I find a favourite :)

Yeah I agree :) The first thing I do when opening a new ration is putting it all on the table and thoroughly examine every object in it :) I get the same feeling as when I was a kid and opened my christmas presents, pure excitment :D
Have acess to several different 3 course swedish rations 4 course rations. Interested in japanese, indonesian, australian, canadian and any from south america

LaSwede

Postby LaSwede » Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:44 pm

Thanks and I'll keep number 15 in mind dave! Hopefully it's still the same menu, as potterat said they keep switching them, so basically it's a lottery :)

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Postby wats6831 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:39 am

The menus change quarterly.

rabidwolf

Postby rabidwolf » Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:04 pm

DangerousDave wrote:Get the #15. Pork All-Day sausage breakfast, Beef Goulash, Chicken Stew, separate rice pack, Choc. Pudding. The Best. Most of the other menu's have been 'pussy-fied, by the British, with vegetarian crap, with them cow-towing to the muslims. Maybe they will wake up, soon. :P

I'll second that menu, though I don't recall mine having pudding.

LaSwede

Postby LaSwede » Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:03 pm

I've finally gotten my hands on a case of ORP's. Having trouble though which menu to begin eating :D

One bummer is that as far as I can see there is no hazlenut spread, was looking forward to try one of the red squeeze tubes! Thought they were included in almost every ration :lol:
Attachments
20170726_211342.jpg
20170726_211311.jpg

ASP

Postby ASP » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:35 pm

Do the Brits not pack a heating method in their 24hrs?
"That's what"
-she

Return to “International Rations”