International orders

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
mashfan4077+

International orders

Postby mashfan4077+ » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:44 pm

Hi, I'm new here to the forum and the hobby. I was wondering if I ordered online say from grey shop would canada customs allow it or seize the order. I have never ordered food internationally and don't know what to expect.

Thanks

SNiiP3R

Re: International orders

Postby SNiiP3R » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 pm

When you order rations from abroad there is always risk involved.
US & International MRE store, http://www.mrezone.com

Apocalypse

Postby Apocalypse » Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:58 am

I'm in Canada and have pretty well given up on acquiring rations from "outside" as the chance of intact parcels (when people bother to send what they agree to) is low. I didn't mind when certain WMDs were taken out "for my safety", but when entire cases don't make it, I give up.

Others in Canada have had better luck but after a decade of it, my success rate is lower than ever, while costs are higher than ever.
-------------------------------------
Offence cannot be given, only taken.

mashfan4077+

Postby mashfan4077+ » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:08 pm

That is kind of the feeling I get from it, though I have not ordered from outside canada yet. I will probably try at least a bit. I have been watching reviews on YT and some of those rations I would like to try. I have only had a few MREs and IMPs and going way back the older style IMPs from the 80s and early 90s but I was a 11 12 year old kid then

LaSwede
eBay name: LaGaurdian

Postby LaSwede » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:01 am

Do you know what the customs where complaining about when they seized your packets? I've sent several packets from sweden to canda without any problem.. curious so I can avoid it in the future!
Have acess to several different 3 course swedish rations 4 course rations. Interested in japanese, indonesian, australian, canadian and any from south america

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Postby sourwes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:59 am

It's unfortunate for the hobby, but due to poor success rates I have stopped trying to send packages outside the US. Canadian customs can be especially tough. Shipping prices have gotten so high and so many people complain about molested packages it has taken the fun out of it and the eBay global shipping program is a nightmare. It seems Pitney Bowes has taken it upon themselves to make up their own rules and open every parcel. Who wants an MRE missing half the stuff, if they get it at all! Conversely, I have only ever had 1 package opened coming into the US; that was a damaged case of IRPs that was leaking liquid. I know every country has there own regulations, but we're talking MREs here. Commercially packaged products with quality control, not something cooked up in your shed :?
it is what it is....

mashfan4077+

Postby mashfan4077+ » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Yeah, Canada customs does seem tough, they have opened most packages I have ordered from outside the country. It does not seem to matter what it is either, christmas toys for the kids, house hold items they check it. So I am nervous about ordering rations online. I am thinking I will order one item see hat happens. Are there rations from countries that get seized more than others? does order size matter?

sourwes
eBay name: sourwes

Postby sourwes » Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:54 pm

mashfan4077+ wrote:Yeah, Canada customs does seem tough, they have opened most packages I have ordered from outside the country. It does not seem to matter what it is either, christmas toys for the kids, house hold items they check it. So I am nervous about ordering rations online. I am thinking I will order one item see hat happens. Are there rations from countries that get seized more than others? does order size matter?

I would shoot BTemple a message and ask him. He seems to have a good bit of experience in reference to Canadian customs.
it is what it is....

mashfan4077+

Postby mashfan4077+ » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:00 pm

Cool, thank you for the info

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Postby BTemple » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:23 pm

mashfan4077+ wrote:Cool, thank you for the info

Canada Customs has opened two separate packages of rations meant for me, one from the US (from BlackDogBob) and one from the UK (from PotterRat). They didn't take anything from my UN Combat Ration or FSR from BlackDogBob. But they did destroy an Ostrich entree and chicken pate from an RCIR and Chicken Biryani from an ORP in the package from PotterRat.
Apparently anything poultry oriented coming into Canada from Europe is a big no-no.
Getting rations internationally will always be a massive crap-shoot. I just don't have orders that are too large.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Return to “International Rations”