Austrian Ration's

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
madcapmagician

Austrian Ration's

Postby madcapmagician » Mon Sep 25, 2006 6:22 pm

Picked up some Austrian Army A Rations awhile back on ebay Germany.
Finally got them last week. The Austrian rations are packed in a silver foil bag. It has a sticker on the outside of the bag that tells what ration # it is. Also on that sticker is another sticker that tells what the expiration date is. On the opposite of the package is another stick that says "packed in Italy for the Federal Ministry for National Defence of Austria."

Here is the menu for the ration's I got.

Menu #4

Frankfurters (4 frankfurters about the size and length of your index finger)

Tube of Mustard

Packet of 3in1 coffee (coffee with cream and sugar already in it)

2 packages of rye bread the shape and size of small cookies, about 6
per package

Citrus wet wipe

Same toilet paper as in the american mre

The austrian troops must really be starving. There is not very much food in the rations. I have tried the bread and it is very strong and hard as a rock. I have not tried the frankfurters or the mustard yet but as soon as I do I will let you guys know how it was :D :D :D
Don't die for your country;
Make some other poor bastard die for his!
(General George S. Patton)

olli

Postby olli » Tue Dec 05, 2006 6:05 am

yeah, i have seen this rations too...
i think these are fake, i guess somebody produced that crap with stuff from local food-stores and other countrys rations....

olli

Postby olli » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:55 pm

i asked this other ebay seller, he is sellin real austrian rations, he sended me the high-res picture of it...

housil

Re: Austrian Ration's

Postby housil » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:48 pm

madcapmagician wrote:Picked up some Austrian Army A Rations awhile back on ebay Germany.
Finally got them last week. The Austrian rations are packed in a silver foil bag. It has a sticker on the outside of the bag that tells what ration # it is. Also on that sticker is another sticker that tells what the expiration date is. On the opposite of the package is another stick that says "packed in Italy for the Federal Ministry for National Defence of Austria."
(...)

If you got this one:

I guess they defrauded you.
This bag´s are offered as Austrian Rations, but we have no proof that they are genuine.
The green one above is a genuine one, but almost out of service. Also the Austrian Army changed to the "Travellunch" like the German Bundeswehr. See this:

For closer information, please see my publication at:http://www.landroverforum.de/board/thread.php?threadid=14465&page=1

Return to “International Rations”