Lithuanian Rations

Discussions about rations from other countries - IMPs, EPAs, RCIRs, etc.
Hardtack

Lithuanian Rations

Post by Hardtack » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:09 am

The listing is worth looking at for lots of pics and a menu list....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131793874275?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

Name_not_found

Re: Lithuanian Rations

Post by Name_not_found » Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Quite a nice informative listing!

I like the labels with tiny image of item near the bottom
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

ancienttyrael
eBay name: apiontek11

Post by ancienttyrael » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:55 pm

Hey that reminds me to order another pack for the beef groats menu!

I love the fact these ration packs comes with two types of heaters you can use.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:07 pm

Good luck and may your rations stay unspoiled!

gschultz9

Post by gschultz9 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:17 am

Wow, those are some nice deals there! Thanks for sharing them! The first one appears to currently be "out of stock", but that deal on the second one (even with shipping) is pretty incredible! And that description on the first listing is pretty incredible itself--lots and lots of details! Now, I'm sure there are people around here who would know better than myself, but is the difference in the look of the two listings due to the first one having a newer version of the ration? I'd seen that style somewhere else and someone had mentioned that it might be a commercial version, but it certainly looks like a pretty genuine ration to me. The "older" style one in the second listing is the only type I've ever had before.

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:55 am

gschultz9 wrote:Wow, those are some nice deals there! Thanks for sharing them! The first one appears to currently be "out of stock", but that deal on the second one (even with shipping) is pretty incredible! And that description on the first listing is pretty incredible itself--lots and lots of details! Now, I'm sure there are people around here who would know better than myself, but is the difference in the look of the two listings due to the first one having a newer version of the ration? I'd seen that style somewhere else and someone had mentioned that it might be a commercial version, but it certainly looks like a pretty genuine ration to me. The "older" style one in the second listing is the only type I've ever had before.

I saw both and the contents of both are similar if not the same. Both types of Lithuanian rations expire in July of 2017!

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 pm

I ended up buying one, since it seemed like a pretty good deal. I've got one in my collection, but I don't want to eat my only one, so this one is for its intended purpose! :D

FREMONT

Post by FREMONT » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:22 am

parafireboy wrote:I ended up buying one, since it seemed like a pretty good deal. I've got one in my collection, but I don't want to eat my only one, so this one is for its intended purpose! :D
I had mine, it was Chicken and rice and I do say, it was very tasty! Lightweight, portable, and provides a decent amount of calories. Great for camping and hiking due to its light weight and small-(ish) size.

Chris-IA

Post by Chris-IA » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:30 pm

I bought two of these form that seller a few weeks ago. They had 2017 expiration dates and were in perfect shape. The drink powder wasn't even in that weird crystallized state that requires warm water if you want to drink it the same day that you mix it.

The first one was the beef and pearl barley and it was amazing. The meat and barley were in the same retort pouch but were still separate and managed to maintain separate flavors. The taste was fantastic. The Chocolate was also perfect with no oxidation whatsoever. These had been well stored. I have since ordered two more.

fatoutdoors

Post by fatoutdoors » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:31 pm

I ordered one recently as well. I'm new to the site but can't seem to find out info on how to tell if my Lithuanian MRE is the real deal.

Thanks in advance.

Brad