Page 3 of 5

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:31 pm
by kman
I'm just catching up on this thread - been out for a few days.

Great pics jubifahrer and housil! Thanks for posting them!

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:06 am
by housil
kman wrote:I'm just catching up on this thread - been out for a few days.
Hope not to Hudson River where the airplane "landed" instead of Charlotte... :wink:



Saw it the whole night at German TV, this pilot is a real hero by saving 155 lives :!:

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:25 pm
by paulheath
Members,

I was wondering can you provide 1) the dimensions of the kidney shaped container the K - Portion came in 2) the total weight of the package and 3) the dimensions of the wurst and main entree cans.

Thanks.

Paul Heath

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:01 pm
by housil
paulheath wrote:Members,

I was wondering can you provide 1) the dimensions of the kidney shaped container the K - Portion came in 2) the total weight of the package and 3) the dimensions of the wurst and main entree cans.

Thanks.

Paul Heath
I will when I´m back home from nightshift...

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:48 am
by housil
paulheath wrote:Members,

I was wondering can you provide 1) the dimensions of the kidney shaped container the K - Portion came in 2) the total weight of the package and 3) the dimensions of the wurst and main entree cans.

Thanks.

Paul Heath
Page 2 posting say:

260x104x160 (mm)

1800g

but as we don´t know where are you from:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:45 pm
by paulheath
Housil,

Thanks for the measurements. I live in San Antonio, Texas. I think I recoginze you from the Wehrmacht NVA forum. right?

Paul

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:03 pm
by housil
paulheath wrote:Housil,

Thanks for the measurements. I live in San Antonio, Texas. I think I recoginze you from the Wehrmacht NVA forum. right?

Paul
Hello Paul and welcome to forums :D

I´m only here and at German Military Vehicle Forums, never been there.

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:15 pm
by paulheath
Housil,

My bad. I recall there was a thread on the NVA board about your thread here.
Paul

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:17 pm
by Garron
I'm on Wehrmacht Awards and I think I was the one who pointed you to this thread.

Gaz

Re: NVA-Ration K-Portion

Posted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:20 am
by Tyr
called K-Portion
"K" is for the east German word "Komplekt".
As there was no (west) German word for Komplekt, there is also no English one.
That comes from russian комплект that means something like last reserve.