Supporting Local Fishermen..."Fresh Caught Albacore/Canned"_Lasts 20 years, awesome shelf life!

Buying, selling, and trading rations
WorkmanMRE

Supporting Local Fishermen..."Fresh Caught Albacore/Canned"_Lasts 20 years, awesome shelf life!

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:50 pm

If you dont mind Facebook, heres the link to the Facebook market add.

Just thought Id pass on this Local, (Eureka ca) Gourmet Canned meat to my community here. I get nothing from it but helping local fishermen and stoking you all out -CHEERS!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Re: Supporting Local Fishermen..."Fresh Caught Albacore/Canned"_Lasts 20 years, awesome shelf life!

Postby steve1989 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:08 pm

Thanks for sharing, Workman. I am highly considering buying a case. That's actually a real good deal - I buy canned wild caught salmon 3.5oz cans @ $4 ea... so the price of some quality albacore like this is actually about the exact same.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

WorkmanMRE

Re: Supporting Local Fishermen..."Fresh Caught Albacore/Canned"_Lasts 20 years, awesome shelf life!

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:27 pm

steve1989 wrote:Thanks for sharing, Workman. I am highly considering buying a case. That's actually a real good deal - I buy canned wild caught salmon 3.5oz cans @ $4 ea... so the price of some quality albacore like this is actually about the exact same.

Awesome Steve! Glad it is comparable in price. It goes pretty fast , I used to buy from the fishermen on the docs for my restaurant years ago. It is gourmet product. Glad your interested, cheers!

P.s. Wild planet, is another local retailer I use for my catterings! They are the king around here if the fishermen are out. Let them Chef Ben sent ya!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

lnschnei

Postby lnschnei » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:54 pm

Sorry for prodding, but you have tried the product from this guy ? I love fish and this sounds great, but I want to make sure its quality... Thanks !

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:19 pm

lnschnei wrote:Sorry for prodding, but you have tried the product from this guy ? I love fish and this sounds great, but I want to make sure its quality... Thanks !

No worries. I recognise him from dealing with him on the docks. But I haven't personally delt with him. People on the market page rave about his canned pruloduct. I have bought from my local fishermen for almost 8 years...never have I been let down...to small of a town. Bad business will ruin a fella.

I have on the other hand delt with " Wild Planet" a polethera of times. A larger fish monger here in Eureka. Ten out of a ten in product and customer service. If you are dealing with " Steve" your set..
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

lnschnei

Postby lnschnei » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 pm

Thanks for the info! I'll think on it for a bit... never really occurred to me until I saw your post that you could buy canned fish from a local fisherman rather than a big company... Either way, thanks for the inspiration!

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:49 pm

lnschnei wrote:Thanks for the info! I'll think on it for a bit... never really occurred to me until I saw your post that you could buy canned fish from a local fisherman rather than a big company... Either way, thanks for the inspiration!

Anytime! Fresh is best! This stuff lasts 20 years in the right conditions!
(what in the he'll was I thinking going vegetarian 25 years ago? I would love this in my emergency box and kitchen)
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:55 pm

I am calling Trevor tomorrow & will see what shipping for a case to FL is. I imagine about $30 shipping which is good. Outside of rations, I only eat meat about 3-5 times a week nowadays. And 90% of that is fish. So this could be an amazing thing for me.

Thanks so much again for sharing this, Workman!
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:59 pm

steve1989 wrote:I am calling Trevor tomorrow & will see what shipping for a case to FL is. I imagine about $30 shipping which is good. Outside of rations, I only eat meat about 3-5 times a week nowadays. And 90% of that is fish. So this could be an amazing thing for me.

Thanks so much again for sharing this, Workman!

My pleasure! Let me know how it all pans out :) I would be happy to be a middle man if needed!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

lnschnei

Postby lnschnei » Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:05 am

Steve,

Did you give this guy a call? How much was the shipping charge to your door?

Thanks!

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade”