MRE Symposium and Meetup

Buying, selling, and trading rations
BlackDogBob

MRE Symposium and Meetup

Postby BlackDogBob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:48 am

Ok guys. So this is pretty cool! Yesterday, I spoke with Tina Pruitt, the vendor director of SGK promotions. I spoke to her about military rations collectors and this site. I asked her if we could do something at one of her shows specifically for the Military Ration Collectors, and she said yes. So here what we have put together so far.

During SGKs fall show in Doswell, VA in October, we can use one of the classrooms on Sunday from 9-noon to have a Military Ration Symposium. This show is a Gun Show in one hall, a Prepper/Survival show in the other hall, and a Bushcraft Meetup in the camp ground on the property.

Those wishing to display their collections during the two day event will have an area to do so. PLUS, we can have one of the classrooms for 3 hours on Sunday to discuss various military rations. She has put me in charge of this, so let's make this happen.

There is no charge for the display area or for the symposium. Anyone who pays the $10 admission to the show can attend the symposium and display their collections. Anyone who wants to sell products would have to talk to her directly about purchasing a booth. But displays and trading can be done in the display area at no charge.

This is AWESOME! So I figured we could get a couple folks teaching classes for the 1st two hours of the symposium and do a round table discussion/open forum for the last hour.

What do you guys think? Who would attend and who would like to teach a class or display their collections or both?

I think this would be a great time to get together and do some face to face trading without having to deal with shipping/customs/etc.

EFS will be there with some of their new 24 Hour Emergency Rations and I have contacted a few folks in the MRE business to see if they would be interested in attending and teaching one of the 30 minute classes. I have also reached out to a friend whose brother is a military logistics professor to see if he could teach a 30 minute class on the history of US military rations. Still waiting to hear back from them.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

kman
Site Admin

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup

Postby kman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:58 am

This sounds really awesome! Thanks for putting this together for us. It looks like the show is October 22-23, 2016, right? I'm looking at the calendar here:

http://www.guns-knives.com/calendar.php

Definitely put me down as "tentative, very interested". It looks like my schedule is clear that weekend and I'll put it down and hopefully nothing critical will get in the way.

Name_not_found

Postby Name_not_found » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:28 am

Very interested i may be able to get there too.
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

BlackDogBob

Postby BlackDogBob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:45 am

I will put you both down. Yes, KMAN, those dates are correct. I am super excited about this.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

elandil

Postby elandil » Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:23 am

I find this to be very interesting, will start looking into being able to attend.
Tried- Brit 24hr, FSR, MCW, IMP, EPA II, RCIR, Spanish IMP/lunch, Norwegian Arctic Ration, Brown Bag Corned Beef Hash MRE

facebook http://www.facebook.com/ElandilMRE

youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/ElandilMRE

BlackDogBob

Postby BlackDogBob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:32 pm

Holy WOW Batman! So for those of you out West, that can't travel to the East Coast, super GREAT news. I spoke with Randy at RK Prepper Shows and he wants to do the same thing at the Kansas City RK Prepper Expo in August. So if you can't make it to Doswell VA in October, you can come to the one in Kansas City in August.

Maybe I can get them to do it at their Pensacola FL show in November. Will have to wait and see what kind of turn out we get at KC.

MREHungary

Postby MREHungary » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:58 pm

What a great opportunity ... except for me :(
It would be a small fortune to fly there. I demand some photos and videos! :D

BlackDogBob

Postby BlackDogBob » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:08 pm

We will definetly video it. Maybe we can get some of the other you tubers to post on their channels. Wish you could make it!

kman
Site Admin

Postby kman » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:08 pm

MREHungary, not knowing exactly where you live, it looks like you can fly from Budapest to Washington, D.C. (Oct. 19-25) on Air France for US$532. Of course, you'd also need a hotel and car...so yeah...might be a small fortune. :-)

Name_not_found

Postby Name_not_found » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:13 pm

Already thinking about a live feed / Q&A session

Bob any idea on internet access on location?
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

Return to “Buy/Sell/Trade”