WTB: Veggie Omelette

Buying, selling, and trading rations
RSMRE
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by RSMRE » Tue Jun 25, 2019 8:45 pm

Really interested in getting my hands on a Vomlet. If someone could PM me a price quote that includes shipping, it would be greatly appreciated. Will be able to pay via Paypal.... :wink:
Sellers/Traders I recommend: ViperGTS, Salty Croc, donjuah_21

TerraParzel
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by TerraParzel » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:01 pm

“ interested in purchasing a Vomlet”

Dear RSMRE

I’m sorry to inform you but you have lost you mind. Please report to your locals hospital for psychiatric assessment immediately.

Don’t worry. The people their do not judge. We are here to help.

6/12 months and you should be fine - or dead

Either way. It’s time to get help

RSMRE
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by RSMRE » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:13 pm

TerraParzel wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:01 pm
“ interested in purchasing a Vomlet”

Dear RSMRE

I’m sorry to inform you but you have lost you mind. Please report to your locals hospital for psychiatric assessment immediately.

Don’t worry. The people their do not judge. We are here to help.

6/12 months and you should be fine - or dead

Either way. It’s time to get help
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: come on guys it can't be that bad
Sellers/Traders I recommend: ViperGTS, Salty Croc, donjuah_21

TerraParzel
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:02 pm
Location: London, UK

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by TerraParzel » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:30 pm

I remember eating it when it was new. It was disgusting . At the very best your going to be sampling it after 10 years of storage.

Your mad. Crazy, completely lost it.

Call 911 and just say..... I have thoughts about eating a
Vomet

“ hold on sir, I’m going to put you through to a specialist. Please hold....help is on the way... it doesn’t have to be like this sir.

koerky75
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:43 pm
Location: Netherlands

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by koerky75 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 7:36 pm

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👋

RSMRE
Posts: 77
Joined: Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:32 am
Location: Pennsylvania
Contact:

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by RSMRE » Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:41 pm

Are you guys basically saying it's a waste of $$ to acquire one?
Sellers/Traders I recommend: ViperGTS, Salty Croc, donjuah_21

KML1989
Posts: 114
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:29 am

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by KML1989 » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:01 pm

RSMRE wrote:
Sat Jul 06, 2019 10:41 pm
Are you guys basically saying it's a waste of $$ to acquire one?
It's a fun experience, but they are truly disgusting

User avatar
mikeoverhere
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2019 3:15 am
eBay name: mikeoverhere

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by mikeoverhere » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:19 pm

They weren't even good when they were fresh. If you can't find one, try getting a small yellow sponge and cleaning your sink out, then eat the sponge. It's about the same, even the texture.
Socrate's last words: "I drank what?"

User avatar
janedoedad
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:54 pm
Location: Fayette County, Georgia

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by janedoedad » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:45 pm

Are wanting the entire MRE or only the Vomlet? I have an unopened 2008, Menu 4 available. Got it sometime around 2009-2011. Been stored in the proverbial "cool, dry place" since then. Have consumed a few other menus from the case with no issue. The rest of the contents (according to the menu page) are breakfast oriented.

These horrible things were served up from 2004 to 2008. The precursor to this particular atrocity was the "Omelet with Ham" (also Menu 4) from 1988 to 1994. I did eat at least one Ham Omelet and if memory serves, it was not very good. :vomit:


JDD
The Liver is evil and must be punished!

User avatar
steve1989
Posts: 1212
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm
eBay name: -
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Re: WTB: Veggie Omelette

Post by steve1989 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:09 am

janedoedad wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:45 pm
Are wanting the entire MRE or only the Vomlet? I have an unopened 2008, Menu 4 available. Got it sometime around 2009-2011. Been stored in the proverbial "cool, dry place" since then. Have consumed a few other menus from the case with no issue. The rest of the contents (according to the menu page) are breakfast oriented.

These horrible things were served up from 2004 to 2008. The precursor to this particular atrocity was the "Omelet with Ham" (also Menu 4) from 1988 to 1994. I did eat at least one Ham Omelet and if memory serves, it was not very good. :vomit:


JDD
JDD,

Another menu 4 in between those two was Country Captain Chicken. I know many folks who also hate that one. But it is still to this day one of my favorite menus.

2008 was the best year for the Menu 4. If noone else snags that thing, I would be game for it just name your price. I also have some vintage MREs that are in pretty darn good shape for trade.

Must have eaten too much of this stuff... because now I actually like the vomelet. Still fun to rag on it like in that video.. (dvalin thank you again for that thing. cannot believe it's been over a year already!)

Post Reply