MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

MRE and other ration news
rabidwolf
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:24 am
Location: horry county, south carolina

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby rabidwolf » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:04 am

BlackDogBob wrote:
rabidwolf wrote:Will they be available after Doswell?


Yes sir. Will be posting them here. Call me this week. We still need to work out that trade.


I haven't forgotten, just been busy between the storm and preparing for something in Salisbury. NC that has been nearly a year in the works.

User avatar
Ruleryak
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 pm
eBay name: ruleryak
Location: Bozeman, MT

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:20 pm

I'm getting ready to head out to Doswell :mrgreen: Tomorrow morning I hop on a flight that'll get me to Virginia later on tomorrow night, then it's a short journey to the Best Western King's Quarters - is anyone else staying there besides Steve1989 and I?

I've got live streaming pretty much figured out now and am just working on refining it a bit more before Saturday. Can't wait to meet all of you that make it out there!

User avatar
kman
Site Admin
Posts: 4223
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby kman » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:04 pm

Housil and I will be at the King's Dominion Campground just one street over from you guys. Getting there Friday afternoon.

BlackDogBob
Posts: 1434
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2016 11:04 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby BlackDogBob » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:35 pm

I will be at the Campground.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

User avatar
parafireboy
Posts: 1011
Joined: Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:24 pm
eBay name: parafireboy
Location: Montana

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby parafireboy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:14 am

Hey guys. I ran into a little snag. Apparently the school calendar has been updated since the one that I received at the beginning of the school year. Long story short, they are out of school for "teacher work days" Thursday and Friday, as I found out yesterday when I picked him up from school to be greeted by "have a good weekend". WHAT?! :evil: This throws a little wrench in my plans, as now I will have my son until evening on Friday and cannot catch my 0725 flight Friday morning. Those of you who know me know my son has special needs, so it's not as simple as getting a sitter. :( His mom is scrambling today to try to free herself up early from her work commitments on Friday so I can maybe switch to the 1330 flight. Not a lot of flight options, a Billings is a fairly small airport compared to big cities. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I don't want to miss this!!!

User avatar
housil
Moderator
Posts: 4837
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:04 am
Location: Germany, Bavaria
Contact:

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby housil » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:18 pm

BlackDogBob wrote:
kman wrote:Those look awesome - Bob. Thanks for the offer and I can't wait to try them!


You and Housil get the first two brother!


I´m so excited about! See you tomorrow!
USA2016 051.JPG

"Hy" from USS Yorktown

User avatar
Dekard
Posts: 205
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2005 12:47 am
Location: Bermuda Shorts

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby Dekard » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:33 pm

Can't wait to see all of you folks!

I will probably have 2 cases of MREs to trade (need to check the dates and menus) and I have some expired Sweet Sue Chili for a good home (I had one a few months ago - it was passable and i got gassy, but hey, it's chili).

Is there an agenda for Sat/Sun?

I didn't see one and have some commitments on Sat AM and didn't want to miss anything really cool.

Also, are there any plans for a social on Friday night?

User avatar
kman
Site Admin
Posts: 4223
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby kman » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:25 pm

Dekard wrote:Also, are there any plans for a social on Friday night?

So far, the only plans I know about for sure are for Saturday night. But I'm game for a Friday night pre-social if you guys are! Housil and I will be at a cabin at the campgrounds so I'd volunteer to invite everyone to meet over there...or I don't know what kind of setup BlackDogBob will have nearby.

rabidwolf
Posts: 386
Joined: Thu Nov 22, 2012 3:24 am
Location: horry county, south carolina

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby rabidwolf » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:52 pm

parafireboy wrote:Hey guys. I ran into a little snag. Apparently the school calendar has been updated since the one that I received at the beginning of the school year. Long story short, they are out of school for "teacher work days" Thursday and Friday, as I found out yesterday when I picked him up from school to be greeted by "have a good weekend". WHAT?! :evil: This throws a little wrench in my plans, as now I will have my son until evening on Friday and cannot catch my 0725 flight Friday morning. Those of you who know me know my son has special needs, so it's not as simple as getting a sitter. :( His mom is scrambling today to try to free herself up early from her work commitments on Friday so I can maybe switch to the 1330 flight. Not a lot of flight options, a Billings is a fairly small airport compared to big cities. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I don't want to miss this!!!



That sucks man, and I understand some of what it is like to have a child with special needs. Hope everything works out for you.

I really wish I could make it to Doswell. As it is, I'm going to share some pictures, and hopefully be able to post some videos of the event I'm going to this weekend. If everything goes well. Which many are telling me, despite my apprehension, that I am ready and will be ok. Y'all can start calling me Sir RabidWolf.

User avatar
elandil
Posts: 618
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:56 pm
Contact:

Re: MRE Symposium and Meetup, Part 2

Postby elandil » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:00 pm

housil wrote:
BlackDogBob wrote:
kman wrote:Those look awesome - Bob. Thanks for the offer and I can't wait to try them!


You and Housil get the first two brother!


I´m so excited about! See you tomorrow!

"Hy" from USS Yorktown


CV-10 at Patriots Point. I actually got to spend a week on her back in Boy Scouts, we were allowed to camp right on the ship. It was awesome. :D
Tried- Brit 24hr, FSR, MCW, IMP, EPA II, RCIR, Spanish IMP/lunch, Norwegian Arctic Ration, Brown Bag Corned Beef Hash MRE

facebook http://www.facebook.com/ElandilMRE

youtube http://www.youtube.com/c/ElandilMRE


Return to “News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest