Mainstay Bars for the SEA and survival water pouches. ALSO a Pad Thai Instant Noodles!

Videos related to any rations
WorkmanMRE

Mainstay Bars for the SEA and survival water pouches. ALSO a Pad Thai Instant Noodles!

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:47 am

Check it out Buddys! Crappy Bars that you dont want to eat!!! At least I tasted them before packing them into the Emergency Box!

Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Re: Mainstay Bars for the SEA and survival water pouches. ALSO a Pad Thai Instant Noodles!

Postby steve1989 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:53 am

Funny video! The mainstay bars.. I actually like that vitamin aftertaste. It's a nostalgia thing.. always loved survival food bars since I was a little kid and it never really bothered my palate.

The Backpacker's Pantry meals are far superior to Mountain House. I bought a bundle of them last month. The Pad Thai was incredible! Little pack of peanut butter inside too.
Kathmandu Curry is also another amazing one - there are like 4 or 5 excellent vegetarian menus for backpacker's but I forget the names. I think you're vegan so the blueberry milk & almond granola would be a no go. My god it is absolutely delicious... 17 g's of fat per serving and totally worth it.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

WorkmanMRE

Re: Mainstay Bars for the SEA and survival water pouches. ALSO a Pad Thai Instant Noodles!

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:11 am

steve1989 wrote:Funny video! The mainstay bars.. I actually like that vitamin aftertaste. It's a nostalgia thing.. always loved survival food bars since I was a little kid and it never really bothered my palate.

The Backpacker's Pantry meals are far superior to Mountain House. I bought a bundle of them last month. The Pad Thai was incredible! Little pack of peanut butter inside too.
Kathmandu Curry is also another amazing one - there are like 4 or 5 excellent vegetarian menus for backpacker's but I forget the names. I think you're vegan so the blueberry milk & almond granola would be a no go. My god it is absolutely delicious... 17 g's of fat per serving and totally worth it.

I indulge in the lacto-vegetarianism for my MRE fix for the channel. Generially I eat pretty simple. My favorite every day is a P-B&J on killer bread.
But dude, on your suggestion I'm going to try that blueberry granola! Back Pack Pantry was Awesome! I can imagine anything they make is quite tasty. I'll have to get a few more to review!

Cheers Steve! I appreciate your support!
You are the man!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:11 am

The simpler the better - and simple doesn't always mean a depressingly bland meal if prepared properly. The granola is terrific - make sure you use hot water. After talking about all this I decided to grab one of my granola w blueberries. Correction - it is 17 grams protein and 31 grams of fat. Truly a rich and delicious meal.

Dave's killer bread? That stuff is great - it is some of the best mass produced bread. I wish there were better farmer's markets near my place. Nothing beats some home made bread - need to learn how to bake some myself but it takes all day.

Keep 'em rolling man. I really enjoy your style on the channel!
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:51 pm

Dude, that blueberry breakfast is making me hungry just thinking about it.
You know if I was all stressed out in an emergency those bars, would be perfect. If I had a peaceful environment , bring the flavor train and some variety.
The phycoligy of being stressed and afraid diminishes the need /desire to eat. Everything changes...who knows what we will or won't eat in That situation.
I grew up in Idaho. Hiking, Hunting and wilderness survival was our version of modern video games. That and "boy scouts" turned me on to the hole shelf stable food MRE idea, it blew my mind. Especially freezedried items! The daytrex bars and such don't bother me much, it's my kids and wife That are picky.
The process of preparing and cooking for myself or others is a release for me. Even as a professional chef it was a process I needed to be better connected to my clients and my community. Telepathically reading there cravings and producing brain melting, stress releaving, blissful bites. Watching the joy and happiness grow as they satiate. Everyone loves you after that. Hard to personally be stressed as a release for others.

Home made bread is... one of my passions! I make a quick bread or a biscuit dough to accompany most of our meals. I make a lot of soups and stews, they pair well. (Im the only one who cooks in the house of 5)
"Do you have a quick bread recipe that you can slice up for sandwiches? Or a good easy biscuit? I can suggest quite a few. I've been collecting recipes for generations.(perhaps that's my legacy to my community and children) He'll, I'll make a quick bread video soon, in your honor!
How fast so you think I could mail you bread? I've never tried...hmmmm
Cheers Steve, you are a stud, thanks for the boost!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:29 pm

Oh, and we love Dave's killer bread!!! Its a house staple.
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

Return to “MRE/Ration Videos”