MRE SLANDER!!!

Videos related to any rations
Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

MRE SLANDER!!!

Postby Simon2002mre » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 pm

I don't know if this is the right feed for this, but I recently watched this buzzfeed video about "Civilians trying Military Food"
I have NO love for buzzfeed, but this made me dislike them even more. It's like they put no time into the reasearch for this video! They didn't even give them REAL MREs!!! They gave them some junky 2 dollar ration from god knows where. It's complete SACRILEGE! :evil: :evil: :lol:

I mean come on buzzfeed! It woulda taken you twenty seconds of your time to do some research and get some real ones. Stop being SO lazy! :roll:

The people eating it aren't bad, they don't know what they are doing, or even what MRE stands for, but I don't fault them in the least. It's just another one of those things buzz feed does that piss people off. It is interesting to see what regular people think of food that I eat regularly.

Now I'll jump off my podium here, and let you decide for yourself.
Cheers,
Simon :D
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

SentientTootsieRoll

Re: MRE SLANDER!!!

Postby SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:25 pm

They're certainly not military rations, they look like cheap knockoffs you'd by from some prepper con artist looking to make a quick buck.* That reminds me of another video I saw where a guy ate nothing but MREs 3 times a day for a long period of time (I think it was a month) and instead of giving him some surplus MREs that the military provides, they gave him those civilian MREs. I guess that's okay if you want to benchmark civilian MREs, but I get annoyed when they try to pass it off as real MREs that the government provides to soldiers. I'd be more interested to see how one would fare with the real MREs for a month. Maybe the effects would be similar or different, we don't know.

*I have nothing against those who are in the market of selling survivalist/prepper items. I've purchased items from them in the past. But I've seen a lot of these people come and go, often selling cheap disposable junk that I couldn't see anyone putting to good use. I see these people as having a background in sales and not much else, let alone having any vested interest in the subject of survivalism or emergency preparation to begin with.

ironwarning

Postby ironwarning » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:41 am

Casing reads like its HDR
Regards
IronWarning
Check Out my YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGwpuNfsbvAqqtb9D9Vwqeg

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Postby BTemple » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:46 pm

Simon2002mre wrote:I don't know if this is the right feed for this, but I recently watched this buzzfeed video about "Civilians trying Military Food"
I have NO love for buzzfeed, but this made me dislike them even more. It's like they put no time into the reasearch for this video! They didn't even give them REAL MREs!!! They gave them some junky 2 dollar ration from god knows where. It's complete SACRILEGE! :evil: :evil: :lol:

I mean come on buzzfeed! It woulda taken you twenty seconds of your time to do some research and get some real ones. Stop being SO lazy! :roll:

The people eating it aren't bad, they don't know what they are doing, or even what MRE stands for, but I don't fault them in the least. It's just another one of those things buzz feed does that piss people off. It is interesting to see what regular people think of food that I eat regularly.

Now I'll jump off my podium here, and let you decide for yourself.
Cheers,
Simon :D

This video is about 2 1/2 years old and Buzzfeed is of course filled with people who would probably turn up their noses at military food. It's a trendy website that is pandering to their base of viewers. I wouldn't expect them to love rations... that's not the purpose of the video. They've most likely got pre-conceived notions about rations and are playing up the whole disgust thing.
We are part of a VERY niche interest-group. You're always going to have to defend your love for this stuff with others because many will just assume that those of us who love eating rations are crazy. It's sort of like cheering for a major sports team that isn't very popular. I'm a life-long fan of the Florida Panthers NHL team, and live in a province of Canada where 99% of hockey fans cheer for either the Leafs or Canadiens... I've spent my entire life trying to defend my choice. You can't let it get to you.... it's a problem that will continue for a long time.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Mpitt

Postby Mpitt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 pm

BTemple wrote:
I'm a life-long fan of the Florida Panthers NHL team, and live in a province of Canada where 99% of hockey fans cheer for either the Leafs or Canadiens... I've spent my entire life trying to defend my choice. You can't let it get to you.... it's a problem that will continue for a long time.

Florida Panthers? I'm going to have to go with your friends on this one. :lol:

BTemple

Postby BTemple » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:32 pm

Mpitt wrote:
BTemple wrote:
I'm a life-long fan of the Florida Panthers NHL team, and live in a province of Canada where 99% of hockey fans cheer for either the Leafs or Canadiens... I've spent my entire life trying to defend my choice. You can't let it get to you.... it's a problem that will continue for a long time.

Florida Panthers? I'm going to have to go with your friends on this one. :lol:

Their first 5 years in the league they were fantastic for an expansion team... I haven't seen much playoff hockey in my lifetime though.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

Mpitt

Postby Mpitt » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:48 pm

BTemple wrote:
Their first 5 years in the league they were fantastic for an expansion team... I haven't seen much playoff hockey in my lifetime though.

True that. Very impressive for an expansion team to be immediately competitive starting from scratch. Is this what caught your eye and turned you into a fan?

I have to admit that in the NFL, ever since I was a wee child, I've been a fan of the Steelers because at that time they were the dominant team and I've liked them ever since (even though I grew up near St Paul MN).

BTemple

Postby BTemple » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:56 pm

Mpitt wrote:
BTemple wrote:

True that. Very impressive for an expansion team to be immediately competitive starting from scratch. Is this what caught your eye and turned you into a fan?

I have to admit that in the NFL, ever since I was a wee child, I've been a fan of the Steelers because at that time they were the dominant team and I've liked them ever since (even though I grew up near St Paul MN).

No I remember the stories on TSN and other channels talking about a new set of expansion teams coming into the NHL before their season (and Anaheim) started... thought the team crest and color scheme looked great and that was it, I was a 9 year old kid and that was enough for me. Haha
It certainly helped that they ended up being good right away... missed the playoffs by 1 point in each of their first 2 seasons and then made the Finals in their 3rd... John Vanbiesbrouck was my favourite player for sure.

Before hockey my family was more of a baseball family, we all watched the Blue Jays and I fondly remember the 2 World Series wins!

Return to “MRE/Ration Videos”