US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Videos related to any rations
User avatar
Delicious
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:50 am
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if
Location: Poland
Contact:

US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby Delicious » Sat May 21, 2016 4:27 am

Hi,
have a look on my new review - first time I've tried the halal version of US MRE

It was a nice surprise !
Have access to: Polish, Russian, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:Swedish/Finnish, Chinese, Korean, New Zealand , Hungarian, HDR
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

User avatar
kman
Site Admin
Posts: 4223
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:07 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC
Contact:

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby kman » Sat May 21, 2016 4:44 pm

Nice review, Delicious! I haven't had one of those Halal MREs before so it's great to see one!

User avatar
Ruleryak
Posts: 777
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:28 pm
eBay name: ruleryak
Location: Bozeman, MT

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby Ruleryak » Sat May 21, 2016 5:08 pm

I just watched this, your first review on a Polish SR-1, and the Spaghetti MRE review so far - off to a great start! Thanks for sharing this with us.

User avatar
Norton
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am
Location: The Old Dominion

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby Norton » Sat May 21, 2016 10:15 pm

I enjoyed your review it was interesting. I did not think the lamb would look like that. Assumed as an American the Lamb would be in a red sauce or brown gravy. The green spinach in a MRE is very daring. It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. You could mix the cookies raisins and nuts with the butterscotch pudding. That would work in the morning for me. I did not see coffee or tea, was it not included or did I miss that part?

Thanks again for posting

User avatar
Delicious
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:50 am
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby Delicious » Sun May 22, 2016 1:27 pm

Ruleryak wrote:I just watched this, your first review on a Polish SR-1, and the Spaghetti MRE review so far - off to a great start! Thanks for sharing this with us.
Thanks, I'll do my best :)
Have access to: Polish, Russian, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:Swedish/Finnish, Chinese, Korean, New Zealand , Hungarian, HDR
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

User avatar
Delicious
Posts: 423
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2016 10:50 am
eBay name: piograbo.g96x9if
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby Delicious » Sun May 22, 2016 1:30 pm

Norton wrote:I enjoyed your review it was interesting. I did not think the lamb would look like that. Assumed as an American the Lamb would be in a red sauce or brown gravy. The green spinach in a MRE is very daring. It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. You could mix the cookies raisins and nuts with the butterscotch pudding. That would work in the morning for me. I did not see coffee or tea, was it not included or did I miss that part?

Thanks again for posting

Exactly - there were no warm drinks, only the exotic fruit punch. But they included sugar.. maybe just for calories...
I like the idea of enriching the pudding - this would be very nice to have something crunchy inside.
Have access to: Polish, Russian, French, UK, US, sometimes other.
Interested in:Swedish/Finnish, Chinese, Korean, New Zealand , Hungarian, HDR
Ration reviews: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo9H0e ... u9BsrZzK5g

User avatar
rattattoo
Posts: 290
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:20 pm

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby rattattoo » Mon May 23, 2016 7:26 pm

Norton wrote:...It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. ...


Did I miss something along the way that indicated that this was a full day meal pack or was intended for breakfast?
In my experience, a "saag" [with whatever mixed in] is a dinner main in Indian cuisine.
This seems to be a fairly standard US issue, single meal. Main, dessert,snacks and bev... just no hot bev.

I will frequently take along saag in one of the Indian meal retorts that are available in a lot of groceries these days. The one I get is "Saag Paneer", which has a tofu-like cheese cubed in it. One pouch will serve two meals [or two people], and it makes a nice vegetable side for a lot of the MRE mains.

User avatar
Norton
Posts: 539
Joined: Sat May 31, 2014 11:50 am
Location: The Old Dominion

Re: US MRE - halal - saag chole with lamb - review

Postby Norton » Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 pm

rattattoo wrote:
Norton wrote:...It would be hard to eat that main course for breakfast and they leave you with few other choices. ...


Did I miss something along the way that indicated that this was a full day meal pack or was intended for breakfast?
In my experience, a "saag" [with whatever mixed in] is a dinner main in Indian cuisine.
This seems to be a fairly standard US issue, single meal. Main, dessert,snacks and bev... just no hot bev.

I will frequently take along saag in one of the Indian meal retorts that are available in a lot of groceries these days. The one I get is "Saag Paneer", which has a tofu-like cheese cubed in it. One pouch will serve two meals [or two people], and it makes a nice vegetable side for a lot of the MRE mains.


Rattatoo, breakfast is a obsession for me

I always like to look at U.S. MREs as a 24 meal in a pinch. Or maybe morning and mid day meal depending on the circumstances
My point was sometimes you draw these meals and it may be the morning meal. So sometimes you have to look at the other items like the bars, jelly/jam and crackers or fruit. Then eat those with coffee, tea or Chocolate drink (cold or hot)
Eat the main course for lunch. Or it may have to last all all day. That is why I believe in having decent in accessory items.
Hot drink some sort of bar, jam, crackers..


Return to “MRE/Ration Videos”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest