DUTCH 24 HOUR COMBAT RATION Pt. 1 INTRO & BREAKFAST

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
YTFRC

DUTCH 24 HOUR COMBAT RATION Pt. 1 INTRO & BREAKFAST

Postby YTFRC » Sat Jun 24, 2017 6:43 am

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Re: DUTCH 24 HOUR COMBAT RATION Pt. 1 INTRO & BREAKFAST

Postby alohakid » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:47 pm

YTFRC - Thank you for the review... excluding the soups, everything else looked very appealing... I'm not a soup person, more of a meat-atarian. :mrgreen:

mahalo

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:33 pm

I love Dutch 24 Hour Combat Rations - every time I get them, they hardly make it on to the set..! Or when they do, I get so wrapped up into eating it, I forget to speak! :oops:

I just watched Crombat's and enjoyed it - watching yours now. Hey you know unlike Mahalo here I say that soup actually looks great. Mahalo, you would love the pate! Well at least I think you would. The canned mains are better than the retort.
The yellow curry & crouton is savory & creamy. I love that stuff. The cocoa beverage powder is fantastic and rich - and the lemon drink powder with only 8 oz is a sensory trip! That chocolate is dry, relatively shelf stable, and of good quality.

I used to love the ardense pate in it - still enjoy it but the last time was strange.. the stuff was more metallic than usual. Coulda been a bad batch, who knows.

Mediterranean vegetable pate is always great - the olive oil with chickpea and herbs (is this correct? I have no idea what I am talking about again, really) is something that pairs perfectly with those biscuits.

Those dextrose tablets have a slight lemon flavor to them - they are strange and addictive.

It has changed recently - there are some new contents and older contents are no longer there. I need to try out a newest edition one someday - I think they took the chocolate bar out though. :(

Always fun to see this ration - never gets old to me!
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Postby wats6831 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:05 pm

steve1989 wrote:I love Dutch 24 Hour Combat Rations - every time I get them, they hardly make it on to the set..! Or when they do, I get so wrapped up into eating it, I forget to speak! :oops:

I just watched Crombat's and enjoyed it - watching yours now. Hey you know unlike Mahalo here I say that soup actually looks great. Mahalo, you would love the pate! Well at least I think you would. The canned mains are better than the retort.
The yellow curry & crouton is savory & creamy. I love that stuff. The cocoa beverage powder is fantastic and rich - and the lemon drink powder with only 8 oz is a sensory trip! That chocolate is dry, relatively shelf stable, and of good quality.

I used to love the ardense pate in it - still enjoy it but the last time was strange.. the stuff was more metallic than usual. Coulda been a bad batch, who knows.

Mediterranean vegetable pate is always great - the olive oil with chickpea and herbs (is this correct? I have no idea what I am talking about again, really) is something that pairs perfectly with those biscuits.

Those dextrose tablets have a slight lemon flavor to them - they are strange and addictive.

It has changed recently - there are some new contents and older contents are no longer there. I need to try out a newest edition one someday - I think they took the chocolate bar out though. :(

Always fun to see this ration - never gets old to me!

They did take out the chocolate bar. BLASPHEMY! I have the newest version and about 8 different mains if you ever want to check them out

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:10 pm

It's a shame. I always thought they would be easy enough to find another. Crombat Rations had the older style - that is now one to find! First Dutch I ever got was in 2013 from an old member for only $15 plus shipping. The good old days! :)
But the scene was different back then, Russian IRP's used to be $80 starting after the shipping. Those were interesting times - the market was completely different.

I think a new Dutch could be an easy execution, but the lack of a chocolate bar really takes away from the international ration allure. Those chocolate bars really make a difference - throw in a chocolate bar and some unusual/exotic main course and the interest is always double. I'll still check them out soon regardless - they are still really neat.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

Asger

Postby Asger » Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:41 am

wats6831 wrote:They did take out the chocolate bar. BLASPHEMY! I have the newest version and about 8 different mains if you ever want to check them out

The other day you wrote this on my friends review

MRE mountain
This isn't a complete Dutch 24 hour ration. I've handled over 150 of these. You are missing about half the contents. You can see the full and correct contents (plus 2 entrees) here: https://tinyurl.com/DutchMREs
Only one stew with parisian potatoes left (menu F on the drop down). Some quick research could have helped you give an accurate review of this ration pack.

Now you are only shocked about missing chocolate and before it was half of items missing? I never got your reply on youtube and I was good enough to keep it there with a link on your shop even though you are selling another version Dutch ration (your: BASISMODULE MODULAIR RANTSONEN... mine: GEVECHTSRANTSOEN ONTBIJT/LUNCH VOOR 24 UUR. Talking about quick researches and accurate reviews you didn't help at all beside making me read the name of ration you sell and ration I had. You could do that too, even in quick research.

steve1989 wrote:It's a shame. I always thought they would be easy enough to find another. Crombat Rations had the older style - that is now one to find! First Dutch I ever got was in 2013 from an old member for only $15 plus shipping. The good old days! :)
But the scene was different back then, Russian IRP's used to be $80 starting after the shipping. Those were interesting times - the market was completely different.

I think a new Dutch could be an easy execution, but the lack of a chocolate bar really takes away from the international ration allure. Those chocolate bars really make a difference - throw in a chocolate bar and some unusual/exotic main course and the interest is always double. I'll still check them out soon regardless - they are still really neat.

I got two of this rations and I asked Gundog to help me out when I got them and he even had some insight from Dutch soldiers saying

Each one is a 24 hour ration, but the Dutch have a separate box for mains so you usually only get breakfast and a meal for lunch. Dinner would be in the other box. Kinda weird but that's how they do it these days.

From talking with some dutch troops though, this is all they got so they had the meusli stuff for breakfast, pate's for lunch with the soup and the main for dinner.

19549643_488226064859575_1559643210_o.jpg
19495640_488226098192905_2047391264_o.jpg

Doing quick research got me this link too

*** FaceBooK *** YouTubE ***

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Postby wats6831 » Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:06 pm

Its just semantics my friend. The Breakfast + lunch doesn't have a main and is essentially just snacks. Nor does it have breakfast :?:

So they can call it whatever they want....it is not a 24 hour ration.

Yes all the modules are designed to be modular...with the mains delivered to the soldiers in the field either as cans or pouches.

The basis module and breakfast+lunch are just modules containing the snacks and brew kit, and in the basis module 2 breakfast entrees.

Then supplemented with two more mains delivered in the field.

So having a review saying that the breakfast plus lunch is a full 24 hours of food is simply incorrect.

Additionally, that breakfast plus lunch that biso did is older and missing some items. I think I know where he got it :wink:

Also the breakfast plus lunch doesn't come with any entrees so that was also incorrect to imply that it does.

I found the review to be missing some information and incorrect on the points above. I'm sure that wasn't intentional.

I find Biso reviews very funny and they do promote some interesting discussion. He takes a different angle and it's not a bad thing necessarily. Though sometimes he is hard to understand which is just a language thing.

Asger

Postby Asger » Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Yes I agree he named that review incorrect, but that does not change the fact you talked about completely different ration. I didn't go into details, but you had over 150 Dutch rations so I guess you can compare his review with this card that came with ration - just to tell me what exactly is missing.

Is something missing from YTFRC or this ration the Dutch guy reviewed or only Biso's ration have something missing, that is listed in contents, but he never got it?

I don't have any problems being wrong and thanks for you kind of kind and informative reply, but maybe it's language thing again and I didn't understand you. First you came and said it's missing half of things and you link completely different Dutch ration as argument to your claim. Then I see you here shocked the ration is missing chocolate. But isn't this the same ration that first had half of items missing and now only missing chocolate raised your eyebrow?

Gudog talked to Dutch soldiers that said what they eat for breakfast, what for lunch, what for dinner so Biso got only one wet pouch main. I have two and he got only one because guys eat it like that. You saying they or we cant call that 24 hour ration is something you feel, because they did wrote on that pack - 24 hour ration brekfast and lunch and let me repeat you never told me see here on the content list is this and you never got it in this bag... or did you? If you did I never saw it. And let me repeat once more you have linked different Dutch ration as evidence something is missing, why did you do that exactly?

wats6831 wrote:Its just semantics my friend. The Breakfast + lunch doesn't have a main and is essentially just snacks. Nor does it have breakfast :?:
So they can call it whatever they want....it is not a 24 hour ration.
Yes all the modules are designed to be modular...with the mains delivered to the soldiers in the field either as cans or pouches.
The basis module and breakfast+lunch are just modules containing the snacks and brew kit, and in the basis module 2 breakfast entrees.
Then supplemented with two more mains delivered in the field.
So having a review saying that the breakfast plus lunch is a full 24 hours of food is simply incorrect.

I will quote Gundog again... after I have sent him pictures of the ration he told me:

Each one is a 24 hour ration, but the Dutch have a separate box for mains so you usually only get breakfast and a meal for lunch. Dinner would be in the other box. Kinda weird but that's how they do it these days.

From talking with some dutch troops though, this is all they got so they had the meusli stuff for breakfast, pate's for lunch with the soup and the main for dinner.

18901981_477309215951260_767402095_o.jpg
*** FaceBooK *** YouTubE ***

PotterRat

Postby PotterRat » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:46 pm

wats6831 wrote:Additionally, that breakfast plus lunch that biso did is older and missing some items. I think I know where he got it :wink:

Wats, you do not need to think where B+L came from, because I can give you the exact details.

Looking at the contents sheet for that specific module OL52, and comparing it to
the items inside the main ziploc bag, I am finding it difficult to identify any missing items.
The contents list for the OL52 also appears to be incredibly similar to other
OL ration content sheets previously reviewed, such as the OL43 or OL34.

The contents list of the OL52 is, of course, different to any Basis Module, such as a B54.

The way different modules are combined in the field, can be up for civilised debate.
The listed contents of any specifc module, however, is easy to verify, once the ration is open.

SNiiP3R

Postby SNiiP3R » Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:56 pm

I talked to a Dutch soldier, stationed in Germany. He said that the Basis Modules is what they get in the army right now. The 24hr ration with the chocolate bar was discontinued. He also said that their military is updating the ROEK and 24hr rations this year. How valid this is, I honestly don't know.
US & International MRE store, http://www.mrezone.com

Return to “International Ration Reviews”