Hogan Quartermaster Depot Reproduction German Iron Ration

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
SentientTootsieRoll

Hogan Quartermaster Depot Reproduction German Iron Ration

Postby SentientTootsieRoll » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:36 pm

Hello! I've had one of these reproduction WWII German Iron Rations before from Todd Hogan but I bought another to a) experience them again because I'm fascinated by WWII rations and b) to share the experience with all of you. Let's see what we've got!

20170612_195423.jpg
20170612_195429.jpg
20170612_195505.jpg

Looking good! Doesn't look like the cigar made it though. Oh well. :( Although I'm not a smoker, I'll admit to having enjoyed a few cigars.

20170612_195605.jpg

Looks like we've got:
-Linde's Kaffee
-Milupa Chocolates
-Felsche Fruit Bar
-Hartkek crackers
-XOX cookies
-Feodora Chocolate

Awesome! This is looking really cool so far. Let's open everything up!

20170612_195953.jpg

So it looks like the Feodora chocolate is Moser Roth dark chocolate. Although not the same brand I like that it is still German chocolate! I don't know what brand the Milupa chocolates are but they are delicious and creamy on the inside! The Felsche fruit bar is just a generic granola bar and the Hartkeks are probably Keebler Club Crackers. And the XOX cookies appear to be Lotus Biscoff cookies, very tasty indeed!

Extra photos:
20170612_195732.jpg
20170612_200036.jpg

Overall, this wasn't a bad little gem! I'm not sure how period correct this is, I'm having a tough time finding pictures of original German Rations online. Perhaps someone can help me out? Nonetheless $12+shipping isn't a bad deal! For those interested in purchasing: http://www.angelfire.com/nc/stug/page8.html

Next I hope to be reviewing the WWII 24 hour British ration.

housil

Re: Hogan Quartermaster Depot Reproduction German Iron Ration

Postby housil » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:47 am

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:
So it looks like the Feodora chocolate is Moser Roth dark chocolate. Although not the same brand I like that it is still German chocolate! I don't know what brand the Milupa chocolates are but they are delicious and creamy on the inside!

Linde´s Kaffee, see an add of 1935

"Milupa" was founded 1929 in Germany and does mostly baby food today.
"Feodora" is still today in chocolate business

"Felsch" was founded 1821 in Germany as a bakery and did chocolate and cakes. The Wehrmacht never had any "fruit/oatmeal" bars

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:Overall, this wasn't a bad little gem! I'm not sure how period correct this is, I'm having a tough time finding pictures of original German Rations online. Perhaps someone can help me out? l

See the "Lexikon of the Wehrmacht" page about the German food supply. It´s pretty "difficult" to find any old pictures as all Third Reich "heritage" over here got destroyed or is illegal to show... :cry:

SentientTootsieRoll

Re: Hogan Quartermaster Depot Reproduction German Iron Ration

Postby SentientTootsieRoll » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:38 pm

housil wrote:See the "Lexikon of the Wehrmacht" page about the German food supply. It´s pretty "difficult" to find any old pictures as all Third Reich "heritage" over here got destroyed or is illegal to show... :cry:

What a damn shame. I know it was a rough point in the world's history but it should not be forgotten. I really hope the German people (or is it just their government? I don't know.) can come to terms with their history, it's not like anyone there today had any part in what happened. Anyway, concerning what is still left I hope they will allow it to be shown sometime soon and that it's currently being preserved well. Thanks for the links, it was a good starting point and better than anything I found. :)

Return to “International Ration Reviews”