Croatian Individual Combat Ration IBO - Type 2

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
[ex-Member1]

Re: Croatian Individual Combat Ration IBO - Type 2

Post by [ex-Member1] » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:44 am

Gents I posted pictures of opened beef patty and chicken soup in first post. I don't eat chicken so I passed that along, for instant soup it seems it's really good (2dcl/7oz). Canned beef was great, very soft meat that you can slice with fork, nice smell.

I don't have pictures of dried pineapple and dried papaya - I'm a big fan of dry fruit and I love this small packages that you can fold and keep in your pocket while hiking. Also I don't have a picture od chocolate but it's standard dark army chocolate, a bit bitter and not so sweet.

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Post by Ruleryak » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:14 pm

Thanks for sharing the first Croatian ration I've ever seen the contents of :mrgreen: It looks like it has a substantial weight to it - several kg?

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:24 pm

Ruleryak wrote:It looks like it has a substantial weight to it - several kg?
I've measured exactly 1.7kg / 3.8lb

CRO CSO

Post by CRO CSO » Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:47 am

for me kavabon is the worst thing inside but thats me hehehehe!! i mean look at that braun package looks like 100 years old !!! i dont like the taste from kava in any product not just in bombons!!! i mean there is a bunch of good bombons and they put kavabon inside hahahaha!! ;)

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun May 01, 2016 10:15 am

I have managed to get a list of contents for remaining two menues in our Armed Forces.

BlackDogBob

Post by BlackDogBob » Tue May 03, 2016 11:55 pm

Nice review! I have GOT to get one of these.
Have German,Russian,Canadian,Lithuanian,Dutch, Israeli,Spanish,HDRs,LRPs,French,US RCWs,FSRs,Italian,Croatian, Polish,Aussie, Czech, Malaysian, Swedish, Australian and Norwegian Arctics.

Biobrew

Post by Biobrew » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:18 pm

That beef luncheon meat looks a lot like the SPAM we have here in the States, which is made out of pork. Do the ingredients say its all beef, or does it have some pork in it as well?

spam.jpg

[ex-Member1]

Post by [ex-Member1] » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:38 am

Hi mate I believe it's all beef because the name itself is "Beef spam". And this company makes more of spam meat like this form pork, chicken or mixed meat. In my last ration type 6 I had Vikend Doručak that's translated in Weekend Breakfast so no mention of the type of the meat in the name but it's mixed pork and beef meat.