French RCIR Entree - Salade Orientale

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

French RCIR Entree - Salade Orientale

Post by parafireboy » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:26 pm

Today for lunch I had an entree from a French RCIR. The entree was "Salade Orietale". The meat is viande de dinde, which is turkey. The entree is pretty fresh, with an expiration date of Feb 2018. The can was in perfect shape.
IMG_0231.JPG
Can - Front
IMG_0232.JPG
Can - Back
I opened it to be greeted by a smell not unlike a cold stew. Not bad or good, just a seemingly standard smell with a cold, stew-like entree.
IMG_0233.JPG
Entree after opening
I put it on a plate and heated in the microwave. Wow, did heating ever transform this entree! There was a wonderful overtone of curry to the entree, which I loved. It was just right too, not overbearing to the other ingredients.
IMG_0234.JPG
Plated
I was very pleased with this entree. The pieces of turkey were real cuts of lean meat, not processed and formed. They were tender, and plentiful. The legumes and lentils were good, and really helped make it a filling entree. The sauce was amazing though, and really brought it all together.

I was very impressed with this entree. This was my first time with any RCIR component, and I had heard good things about the French entrees. I would certainly have this entree again!

rattattoo

Re: French RCIR Entree - Salade Orientale

Post by rattattoo » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:51 pm

Curry is always a great perk-up for turkey.
I'd love to try this one someday!

housil

Post by housil » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:12 am

Great you liked it :D

elandil

Post by elandil » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:18 pm

wow, thats a fresh entree. And it looks good on the plate like that. Great review.