Australian CR1M Menu D

Reviews of rations from abroad - British ration packs, EPA, IMP, RCIR, etc.
Yowie

Re: Australian CR1M Menu D

Post by Yowie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:51 am

Hi all, this 24 hr’s stuck on this beach has felt like forever. It feels like around 7 to 10 weeks 

The sun has gone down though, I have almost survived the day. At night it gets cold here 32 c in the day can get down to 20 22 at night.
I think I will have a hot meal and try to get some sleep before they come in the morning with the chopper to get me out.
What do I have left in the CR1M Menu ...
DSC00587.JPG
That’s a lot of food left includes Crackers, Shrewsbury biscuits M&m’s a muesli bar chewing gum 5 packets of sugar Tabasco salt pepper ( I will concede that the MRE Wheat bread snack could be a plant) and also considering I traded the FRED all the tubes (vegemite, jam, and condensed milk) the musks, another muesli bar for a MCW and other MRE components, that is a lot of food. Although active during these ‘24’ hours, all the meals reviewed so far has filled me up.

Time for dinner......Dinner Beef mince with tortellini and chicken soup
DSC00588.JPG
Dinner cooking
DSC00590.JPG
Over the last couple of weeks I have seen that tortellini is popular in many counties rations. I have read reviews on MRE tortellini and RCIR.
So let see how Aussie CR1M stacks up.......
Cooked and open smells good
DSC00591.JPG
Taste good, a bit bland but I cook with a lot of spices usually

Add the Tabasco and heat for another 10 mins
DSC00593.JPG
While I am waiting I will try wholesome bake Tropical fruits muesli bar for starter
DSC00594.JPG
Smells fruity a lot softer than the earlier ANZAC
DSC00595.JPG
Tastes ok no metallic taste like the ANZAC bar
Not too bad while you are waiting another 10 min for your tortellini to heat and you are wondering where the f#ck you put the salt and pepper sachets because the tortellini would be a lot better with pepper as well as Tabasco and the salt will probably perk up the low salt soup later where is it but I digress.......

Anyway all gone
DSC00596.JPG
Now mains again
DSC00597.JPG
Full size tortellini
The proof is in the tasteing and the proof is good. This is fantastic with, great texture and taste. A nice buttery aftertaste.

I love this meal and would put it up against any other ration tortellini
DSC00598.JPG
All gone and now I am sad
Yum :-)

Now in conclusion, the CR1M is a very good 24 hr ration pack, lots of food, and beverages. I have had three good meals and have a lot left over ( cookies, biscuits, beverages and condiments). If you were not very active or even semi active, two of these would last you three days easily.

Can't wait to try another menu.

I can hear the helicopter coming to get me, once they winch me out I will soon be back in civilization :-)

Yowie

Post by Yowie » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:01 am

Bet you guys didn't know, but the Aussie CR1M comes with a dehydrated self cooling beer ration....
DSC00561.JPG
Unpacked
Add one canteen of water.....
DSC00559.JPG
ta dah a frosty 6 pack

:-)

luis0449
eBay name: LUIS0449

Post by luis0449 » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:25 pm

Thanks for sharing. The menu looks delicious (obviously the pictures help a lot with that).

All the best.

Luis0449
Rations Reviewed: USA, spanish, french, UK, german, denmark
Rations I am interested: WWII, Vietnam era, Russia, Israel, Italy, South America Countries

housil

Post by housil » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:31 pm

Yowie wrote:Bet you guys didn't know, but the Aussie CR1M comes with a dehydrated self cooling beer ration....

Ration Fan

Post by Ration Fan » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi!
Milk in a tube?
Strange! :D
Sorry for my english it´s not the best!

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:46 am

Yowie wrote:Bet you guys didn't know, but the Aussie CR1M comes with a dehydrated self cooling beer ration....

:-)
Loooolllll

That was GOOD, brother! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
'cuz hunting ain't catch and release...

sw342pd
eBay name: sw342pd

Post by sw342pd » Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:25 am

Great review, so there is no need to make a new one with a 2009/2010 ration, isnt`it?

In my ration the chocolate separates and was white all over - but not to bad taste!

Will post some picture later on.

Where can I get a Truck of that beer??? great invention! Could only result of living down under! 8)
"forge ahead"

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:41 pm

Lookin' forward for another one. Yowie, if you read this, check your PMs for tracking code, mate. :D
'cuz hunting ain't catch and release...

rationtin440

Post by rationtin440 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:22 am

Awesome review and pics Yowie! Not to sound morbid, but a couple of the beach photos you have look like the beach area of Peter and Mary Holmes in "On the Beach" new version with Armand Assante. Very sad movie, but beautiful scenery. I'm curious if the armed forces in Australia also have rations for use in cold weather climates, not sure if they are deployed to cold regions.

Yowie

Post by Yowie » Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:24 am

Hi rationtin440,
As far a I know the ADF have no special cold weather rations. The Spec forces get the PR1M, but I think everyone else get these