Page 3 of 3

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:57 am
by Nawt
Hi Housil,

Could you tell me in what ration ( number) the meatballs and dumplings are ( or were)?
I'd like to get me hands on one/some. There were some sold on EBay.de lately.
I haven't found a menulist so far but I'll make a make a menulist based on the Ebay auctions
(reliability unsure) and post it here. So far I've only seen 'Bratwurst' passing by :) .

cheers, Nawt.

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:17 am
by housil
Nawt wrote:Hi Housil,

Could you tell me in what ration ( number) the meatballs and dumplings are ( or were)?
Sorry, not. :oops:

There were some sold on EBay.de lately.
Ja, I have these seen also.

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 am
by Woodland
dirtbag wrote:Die Gulaschkanone...
I want one! :lol:
Nothing tastes better in the field than a piping hot,spicy Gulasch soup made in the "Gulaschkanone" :D
It's my experience.

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 pm
by housil
Woodland wrote:
Nothing tastes better in the field than a piping hot,spicy Gulasch soup made in the "Gulaschkanone" :D
It's my experience.
At festivals, or public markets, a stew from a goulaschkanone is allways a highlight

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:22 pm
by Nawt
housil wrote:
Nawt wrote:Hi Housil,

Could you tell me in what ration ( number) the meatballs and dumplings are ( or were)?
Sorry, not. :oops:
...
Ok, Thanks anyway Housil.

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 5:40 pm
by cutsman
This might be a really stupid question, but how do the dumplings absorb water while in the bag? Are they specially perforated? Do you poke holes in them? But more importantly, those meatballs and greens looks super tasty.

Re: Bundeswehr Gruppenverpflegung review

Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:53 pm
by housil
cutsman wrote:This might be a really stupid question, but how do the dumplings absorb water while in the bag? Are they specially perforated? Do you poke holes in them?
Don´t worry, there are no stupid question. Peoples can just give stupid answeres :wink:

I can´t recall for sure, but they have either tiny wholes in the bag or the foil is semipermeable. It´s a regular boil-in-the-bag thing.