Wise Cheesy Lasagna Review Instant Meal (Video Review Included)

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Daley

Wise Cheesy Lasagna Review Instant Meal (Video Review Included)

Postby Daley » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:54 pm

Hey there MRE fans! Back with another review for you. This time for the Wise Company Cheesy Lasagna. This packet was included in a box from survivalboxes subscription services.

So first off the is a decent portion of food. over 250 grams, which was nice. Opening the package I was met with a strong smell of Chef Boyardee like meat sauce. This particular pack had a very long ingredient list, but basically you have a cheesy meat sauce powder, dehydrated meat chunks and pasta. This meal also had a great cook time. Right around 20 minutes, so its prefect for quick meal prep and consumption.

Now on to the food. The one thing I am learning quickly is pasta gets a bad card when it comes to these instant meals. It seems there is no proper way to get a good pasta dish going, since they seem to become very soggy in the re-hydration steps most of these meals call for in the cooking process. I am happy to say however this didnt ruin the meal. It was very good, you could taste the cheesy meat sauce well, and the pasta while a big soggy still tasted just fine. I was also pleased with the amount of bite the meat had when combined with the pasta. To me its very important that what ever you are eating have some sort of chew-able process. As I believe that gives you a mental edge on your hunger.

This meal overall was good, plenty-full, and easy to prepare. To recap my issues were the way pasta is with most of these meals and thats about it. I found it to be more then enough to feed a few people and tasted great.

Price: $3.50-4.99
Quality: 9
Filling power: 10
Taste: 9

VIDEO REVIEW: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNsbo-1kqB4

INGREDIENTS: Tagliatelle Pasta (Semolina Flour [Wheat], Niacin, Ferrous Sulfate [Iron], Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboavin, Folic Acid), Sausage (Freeze-Dried Pork, Salt, Spices, Sugar, Sodium Phosphate), Textured Vegetable Protein ([Soy Flour, Caramel Color], Soybean Oil, Salt, Natural Flavoring [Autolyzed Yeast Extract, Maltodextrin, Natural Smoke Flavoring], Dextrose, Spices, Garlic Powder), Dried Tomatoes, Sweet Whey Powder, Food Starch - Modied, Potato Flour, Salt, Parmesan and Romano Cheese (Pasteurized Part-Skim Milk, Salt, Cheese Culture, Enzymes), Coconut Oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Natural Flavors, Sugar, Garlic Powder, Spices, Onion Powder, Guar Gum, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean and/or Cottonseed Oil, Oleoresin Paprika and Turmeric (Color), Sodium Caseinate, Mono and Diglycerides, Dipotassium Phosphate, Caramel Color.

CONTAINS: MILK, SOY, WHEAT.
~Daley~
Email:Daley@nationfusion.com

Name_not_found

Re: Wise Cheesy Lasagna Review Instant Meal (Video Review Included)

Postby Name_not_found » Wed Jun 22, 2016 11:32 pm

Thanks for the review i love lasagna, ill check the video out.
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

Daley

Postby Daley » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:10 am

Thanks man, yea this stuff was pretty good. Nice size, easy cook and i think a 3-5 year shelf life.
~Daley~

Name_not_found

Postby Name_not_found » Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:10 am

just watched it, very good work!

i like that you tested the water as well, some of them do taste funky.

Keep it up :)
Ration Reviews: USA, Australia, Canada, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, China, Spain, Russia, Lithuania
Wish List: Rations from anywhere I haven't reviewed yet!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnlQPi ... kQXu87uUCA

Daley

Postby Daley » Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Thanks man, as a new guy to food reviews I appreciate the feedback. As for the water, yea might as well pack ones you like rather then just what ever.
~Daley~

Return to “Civilian MRE Reviews”