$1 Armour Chili

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
rattattoo

$1 Armour Chili

Post by rattattoo » Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:10 pm

We have a discount chain here in New England called Big Lots... picked these up down there this morning
IMG_0944.JPG
Hard to do wrong on a brand name at that price.... just had some of the "no beans" on hot dogs with chili, onions and slaw.
I thought it tasted better than the canned version.
I plan to use the rest of the pak up mixed into some black beans lurking in the fridge for dinner... I've even got some Velveeta squeeze to top it. And I'll try to remember to take a photo. The dogs went too fast.

Norton

Re: $1 Armour Chili

Post by Norton » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:30 pm

That looks like a perfect low cost pouch for camping trips. You could add that to many different MRE components and have a good meal.
For Example the Santa Fee rice or southwestern rice. That with some hot sauce of choice. OK not 5 star.. Now we all know what ARMOUR chili tastes like.(woops *Americans and Canadians :oops: ) Not Moms or even your wife's.. But at the days end when you are hungry. Yes ARMOUR products can fill the bill and you will not be disappointed or surprised.

Armor likes Cumin in their chili so it taste like a bag of Taco flavor Doritos

One thing you can say for ARMOUR brand is they are consistent

Kats

Post by Kats » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:13 pm

We have big lots in Illinois also. I picked up some of those and they had some with beans and hot dogs also.

elandil

Post by elandil » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:12 pm

I will have to check the big lots here, see if they have any.

Kats

Post by Kats » Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:16 pm

I went back to big lots today and they didn't have the chili or beans and wieners. Never know what they will have or for how long I guess.