Composing a civil hike MRE

Reviews of Civilian MREs (Sure-Pak, aPack, etc.) as well as other civilian ready-to-eat food
Stef

Re: Composing a civil hike MRE

Post by Stef » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:10 am

You and me, "young" folks with a norm sensation of thirst don´t have to worry about
Thanks, please can you tell my wife, it's NORMAL if I'm thirsty 8)
In principio erat spamum

housil

Post by housil » Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:16 am

Stef wrote:
You and me, "young" folks with a norm sensation of thirst don´t have to worry about
Thanks, please can you tell my wife, it's NORMAL if I'm thirsty 8)

Mrs. Stef: It´s normal to be thirsty.

I did it. :wink:

Depends how much you drink and what is "normal" to you :wink: 3 liters a day are normal - 3 liters of beer are bavarian :mrgreen:
Much more than 3 liters are suspicious. Do your breath smell´s like a 5 days old "fruit basket" (ketone)?

Cracker
eBay name: tedtielemans

Post by Cracker » Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:09 am

This is a report from the 2006, about the 4daagse:
Rotterdam, 18 juli. Tijdens de eerste dag van de Vierdaagse in Nijmegen zijn twee deelnemers overleden. Dertig mensen zijn in het ziekenhuis opgenomen, vijf van hen moesten worden gereanimeerd. Meer dan 300 mensen werden onwel als gevolg van het zeer warme weer. De organisatie beraadt zich vanavond over de voortgang van het wandelevenement.
It translates into:

Rotterdam, 18th of july. During the first day of the 4daagse in Nijmegen, 2 contestors have died. 30 other had to be admitted (eingeliefert) in the hospital, of which 5 had to be reanimated. More then 300 people got health issues because of the hot weather. The organisation has a conference if the event has to be cancelled.

The victims (died) were 57 and 65 of age of which the first one was a experienced hiker, and of the 5 reanimated persons, 3 have a know age: 22 (British military), 42 and 77 (ok, about the last one I can understand it)

-----------

Is it safe to add lemon or exotic powder to drinkingwater in case of hot weather?
Sure, someone may one day kill me with my own gun.
But they'll have to beat me to death with it because it's empty.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.

housil

Post by housil » Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:33 pm

Cracker wrote: Rotterdam, 18th of july. During the first day of the 4daagse in Nijmegen, 2 contestors have died. 30 other had to be admitted (eingeliefert) in the hospital, of which 5 had to be reanimated. More then 300 people got health issues because of the hot weather. The organisation has a conference if the event has to be cancelled.

The victims (died) were 57 and 65 of age of which the first one was a experienced hiker, and of the 5 reanimated persons, 3 have a know age: 22 (British military), 42 and 77 (ok, about the last one I can understand it)
What I mentoined before: "...because of the hot weather..."

Due to wikipedia International Four Days Marches Nijmegen has ~40.000 paricipants. As heart and circulation diseases are the cause of death No.1 (250.000 every year in Germany, 630.000 in the USA) 2 of 40.000 died by an exhausting march under hot weather is less than average death´s without exhausing hike under hot weather!
Next question "you" have to answer, was the death caused by dehydration OR did they had a lethal cardia rhythm disease (sudden cardiac death) like several other, professional sports man before :?: :!:

Incidence of Sudden Death in Athletes
"...Estimates range from 1 in 15,000 joggers to 1 in 50,000 marathoners, representing 1 death per 50,000 to 375,000 man-hours of exercise ..."

It´s well you are taking care and precautions to keep your self healthy even under this "strange conditions"!
But don´t freak yourself from some headlines!

Russian hockey player dies of heart failure during game

Stay away from Icehockey now? :wink:

Cracker wrote:Is it safe to add lemon or exotic powder to drinkingwater in case of hot weather?
The difference between a "food" and a "medicine" is, "food" you can take/eat as much as you want without any harm. Those beverage powders are a "food", even when they have "exotic" name´s :wink:

ak70g2

Post by ak70g2 » Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:49 am

Another good reason to join this forum: to learn good things to keeping you alive. Housil, a big thank you for your advices.