Menu #14 - Spinach Fettuccine

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
Joseph W

Menu #14 - Spinach Fettuccine

Post by Joseph W » Wed Feb 07, 2018 2:34 pm

Today we've got US MRE Menu #14 - Creamy Spinach Fettuccine.

Photo Gallery: https://imgur.com/a/roGra

The main was...kinda bad. It smelled perfectly fine when I opened it up, but actually tasting it, the flavor was just...blegh. I don't really like spinach though, so that's probably why. It just tasted awful. I couldn't eat more than a couple bites. The sides were also hit or miss. The pretzel nuggets were gross, as I don't really like onion or honey mustard, and the First Strike bar was just kinda okay-ish. It didn't have a whole lot of flavor to it. The crackers and peanut butter were the usual, they were pretty good.

The chocolate protein drink mix was really interesting though. It smelled and tasted *EXACTLY* like a chocolate First Strike bar. Like seriously, it was the exact same flavor. Strangely though, it never mixed in properly. I added 8 ounces of water like it said, and shook it up in the bag for a little over a minute, but there was still lots of unmixed powder when I poured it out. Even stirring it up with a spoon, it would not fully mix in, and lots of semi-mixed powder floated up to the surface. Still, it tasted fine, having that fudge-like taste of the First Strike bar.

So yeah...kind of a "meh" ration for me, but if you like spinach and/or Onion+Honey Mustard pretzels, go right ahead.

RockyRaab

Re: Menu #14 - Spinach Fettuccine

Post by RockyRaab » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:48 am

Just saw this post.

So, what you're saying is that you didn't like the things you don't like.

I had this entree in a TOTM in July '16 (review posted in the "other" forum as "New for 2016") and thought that the flavor was fine - but it left me belching garlic for hours.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Joseph W

Re: Menu #14 - Spinach Fettuccine

Post by Joseph W » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:33 pm

RockyRaab wrote:So, what you're saying is that you didn't like the things you don't like.
Uh...yeah. I didn't like how the main tasted. It was awful.

Which is really weird because it smelled great.