2017 Chicken Burrito Bowl MRE

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
Eistee

2017 Chicken Burrito Bowl MRE

Postby Eistee » Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:16 pm

Hello everyone, i was lucky enough to be able to snatch a 2017 MRE B case and found this new MRE entree in it, so i thought that i should share it with you and give you a look at this new Menu.

First of all here is the bag itself
It has no Date code on it unfortunately but i was able to date the contents thanks to their date codes

The Contents of the MRE layed out

The contents of the acc packet, note the new type of hot sauce as well as the new packaging for the creamer (plastic instead of paper pouch like the coffee is)
Also there is no sugar in this MRE, only sweetener (regular sodium cyclamate like in storebought sweetener tablets, nothing fancy like stevia)

The coffee "powder"

A closer look at the new creamer packaging, notice the glare as well as the 6th of Jan 2017 date code
(please look over the sausage fingers in the pic)

The baked snack crackers, very smashed up (most likely because they were on the back inside the pouch instead than cushioned by other items)

The Orange beverage mix
(Tasted very artificial, also on the bottom were some bits that didnt want do dissolve, most likely thickeners that dont dissolve well, but otherwise its drinkable)

Nice! All items heated and plated up (i heated the Tortillas to make them more soft, the cheese spread to make a cheese sauce of it, the main entree i heated as well (when cold it was really hard in the pouch but it got nice and soft when its warm) and the cinnamon bun i heated as well, because what is better than a cold cinnamon bun? -A hot Cinnamon bun)

I had no idea what a burrito should look like but i made it as close as i could imagine it, i put a nice heap of the burrito bowl in the middle of the tortilla and poured some warm cheese sauce over it and folded it up.

The finished "Burrito"
It was really tasty and the cheese is perfect on it

The Burrito bowl on its own is very good, the beans are soft but not mushy and the rice had a slight bite still to it, the sauce in the entree had also a very slight heat to it and the chicken was very tender and juicy but the entree could use more chicken in it (for my taste), overall a very decent entree
Of course if you want it more spicy you could always add some of the hot sauce that comes with the entree(it has the exact same taste as tabasco to it but its abit less watery)

The Cinnamon bun was very juicy on one side (about 2/3 of it) and the rest was pretty dry, it had a slight apple taste to it (might have apple juice in it for the cinnamon sauce)

housil

Re: 2017 Chicken Burrito Bowl MRE

Postby housil » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:09 pm

Eistee wrote:The Cinnamon bun...

:shock: cinnamon bun?!?! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Asger

Postby Asger » Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:17 pm

Thanks for the review man. Nice to see the changes in the packaging and this new entree. Baked snack crackers, I see this for the first time and I guess every time they will be smashed... kudos from designers of the MRE's :D
*** FaceBooK *** YouTubE ***

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:14 am

Great review, thanks for sharing!

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Postby shawker71 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:47 am

Looks fake... :wink:
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

Eistee

Postby Eistee » Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:14 am

shawker71 wrote:Looks fake... :wink:

You're just jealous, Shawky

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Postby steve1989 » Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:09 pm

Great review, Eistee! And those are some really nice closeup pictures too.
I am not a big fan of the cinnamon bun, but I never heated one up either.

The entree sounds really good, I'd be dousing mine with hot sauce regardless. The hotter the better!
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Postby alohakid » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:12 pm

Eistee - Congrats on scoring the case... loved your pictorial review - great quality pics - Thanks!

mahalo

Return to “MRE Reviews”