CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS 07 PRODUCTION PART 2

Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
OLETROOP
eBay name: OLETROOP

CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS 07 PRODUCTION PART 2

Postby OLETROOP » Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:06 pm

As I stated in part 1, I did warm the bread in the heater and after removing I put the grape jelly on the bread, very good and the jelly had a great grape taste to it. The bread tastes MUCH better warmed up a bit.

As for the spice cake, I had never eaten one and I was surprised about the taste and texture of it. The taste was not over powering and the texture was kinda soft like a spice cake would be.

The chocolate milkshake was very good with few un-disolved pieces, an excellent chocolate taste and more than I needed at the time. I used some information from other members as the correct way to work the shake and I think it worked very well. I liked the shake after it had set a few minutes and it seemed thicker than when I first tried it in the test.

I would prefer a topping on the cake and wanted to get some of the Australian Vanella spread from my stash of goodies but I did not want to use any items not in the pack

I would rate this as one of my favorites and give it a 9+ and would definately eat it agin.
Attachments
P1010037.JPG
SPICE CAKE
P1010032.JPG
BREAD AND GRAPE JELLY
SEMPER PRIMUS, FIRST IN AND THE LAST OUT....PATHFINDERS

Return to “MRE Reviews”