Reviews and taste-tests of any MREs from 1981-present
Treesuit

A Breakfast Item Review!

Post by Treesuit » Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 pm

Chocolate Banana Nut Muffin Top
Date Code: 6158
MFG: (Sterling Foods)
Reviewer Rating: 3.0 [out of 5 stars]

Well, here it is. I wanted to start a Breakfast item review since most of us here have talked about the lack of a MRE breakfast entree' or meal. So I wanted to start one and if anybody else wants to jump in and post another entree' please do. Thanks. Oh yes, sorry about the photos, guys not the best quality ya know, and I totally forgot to get a picture of the muffin top, again sorry. :(

Over All Opinion: Muffin Top was very dry and crumbly even for a 2006; it had more of a overpowering chocolate taste to it than a mix of banana. In fact I couldn’t taste the banana and the walnuts were pretty hard but they were there. Also it didn’t look like normal muffin top it more or less resembles a cookie but still somewhat soft. Also it really wasn’t very much in the portion category. I guess with some coffee and fruit it might be much better, but I had this with cold cereal.

Final Thoughts: In my opinion it wasn’t all that bad, could have been worse for a breakfast item. For some odd reason this was included in the 2006 menu with vegetable patty with BBQ sauce? I don’t know why, I guess it would be better if it was included in the omelet with vegetables/hash browns with bacon Menu. That would round it out very nicely but if it were the only thing to eat in the a.m. I guess I would eat it.
Attachments
HPIM0478.JPG
HPIM0479.JPG

SGB4EVA

Post by SGB4EVA » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:08 am

remember sienfeld when they had the muffin bottoms and the homeless refused them ...

anyhow i spit my beer all over the laptop when i saw this LMFAO

cat
eBay name: tigerfiles

Great review treesuit!

Post by cat » Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:58 am

Great review treesuit, I'm looking forward to trying one of the muffin tops. Sounds like I better have it with morning coffee (like the pound cake). How was the veggie burger patty? I've got one and I'm been afraid of it :)

I'm not sure why there are so many vegetarian meals. When I think of the US army I don't usually think vegetarians.

Big Galloot

Re: Great review treesuit!

Post by Big Galloot » Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:56 am

cat wrote:When I think of the US army I don't usually think vegetarians.
It's a hold-over from the Clinton years, all the top Generals were replaced by artsy types from San Fransisco. Who would have ever guessed that they would be so vicious?
You can pick your friends
and you can pick your nose
but you can't roll your friends into little green balls!

Treesuit

Post by Treesuit » Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:05 pm

Cat,

I didn't eat a veggie burger with this, it was a side item that I picked up and just had that for breakfast the other day. Thought I've had the veggie burger before and the best way to eat it is warmed up, otherwise it tastes very grainy/crumbly and has a overpowering taste of BBQ sauce. :oops:

kman
Site Admin

Post by kman » Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:44 am

I had one of these muffin tops about a year ago - I'll have to dig up my pics. IIRC, mine wasn't dry - seemed a little moist. Other than that, it was ok - something different for a change.

DIRTYDAVE

Post by DIRTYDAVE » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:44 pm

I don't recall if I had one of those yet or not. It seems like they put little surprise deserts in every now and then...like my Pineapple Poundcake I got a few nights ago...

DAMN WAS THAT GOOD!
"THEY CALL ME DIRTY...DIRTYDAVE"