US MRE drink mixes not mixing?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Drew78

Re: US MRE drink mixes not mixing?

Post by Drew78 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:37 pm

Agreed, but we are talking about civilian purposes here...not for troop soldier use...

Cortexmelon

Post by Cortexmelon » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:42 pm

I only have noticed this with the last few years worth of MREs. Did they change the formula or something? The tropical punch is so bad with it.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am

Drew, the purpose of MREs is to feed troops in the field. We get them only incidentally. So the fact that MRE drink powders don't readily mix without an elaborate and time-consuming procedure is singularly pertinent.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Drew78

Post by Drew78 » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:33 am

RockyRaab wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:29 am
Drew, the purpose of MREs is to feed troops in the field. We get them only incidentally. So the fact that MRE drink powders don't readily mix without an elaborate and time-consuming procedure is singularly pertinent.
Yes, but this question was being asked by civillian use..So they do have the time for an elaborate and time consuming process, ....If thks was a question asked by a soldier in the field...your answer would be more pertinent in that asked scenerio.

I do agree with your comments on a service use basis...

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:34 am

it's real simple. They "SUCK", to begin with. They should get the British or European Orifo kool-aid packets. Even the Canadian drink mixes are superior to ours. I'm on the phone with Trump now, complaining about it. 8)
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:32 pm

DangerousDave wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:34 am
it's real simple. They "SUCK", to begin with. They should get the British or European Orifo kool-aid packets. Even the Canadian drink mixes are superior to ours. I'm on the phone with Trump now, complaining about it. 8)
Did you ever get a chance to try Trump's cheeseburger pizza? How was it? Congratulations, you were the first to bring up Donald Trump on this forum back in 2005. viewtopic.php?p=777#p777
;)
If we don't study the mistakes of the future, we're bound to repeat them for the first time.

Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Post by Simon2002mre » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:48 pm

I’ve only recently had a problem with this and only ever from new rations. Those vintage ration drinks ALWAYS mix better in my opinion.
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.