Special Forces MRE's??

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Jpak

Re: Special Forces MRE's??...NOT

Postby Jpak » Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:29 am

Just FYI...I just bought a case of Menu C MREs from mredepot this past week and the top of the case is also imprinted with "MRE SF." And as everyone knows, the Menu C MREs are specifically manufactured and geared towards CIVILIAN contractors...NOT military personnel. Unfortunately, scumbag ebay scam artists are trying to take advantage of naive ebay buyers by claiming they're for "Special Forces."

CIMG0031.JPG
Top of a Civilian Menu C MRE box (April 2009)

scrapie

Re: Special Forces MRE's??

Postby scrapie » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:56 pm

I actually contacted the seller of the "Special Forces" MRE's, and he replied that he was told that that's what they were. He claimed that the case weight was heavier than normal, so he believed that beared out his story. After several communications he admitted that he wasn't positive about it and would investigate further. I never heard from him again, but he did list them later without claiming to be "Special Forces" MRE's. Either he found out he was wrong, or he couldn't find an answer at all. The fact that he stopped advertising them as such leads me to believe that he was sincere in mistakenly believing them to be "Special Forces" MRE's, and did not intend to be misleading. Believe me when I say I had full intentions of letting him have it...but I can't stay angry over a mistake.

kman
Site Admin

Postby kman » Mon Jun 08, 2009 10:17 pm

But how did he know they were special MREs produced for San Francisco? "SF" works for that, too. And good luck selling "San Francisco" MREs on eBay. :-)

scrapie

Postby scrapie » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:33 am

Good point!

Return to “MREs”