STORM II Rations

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
limp_noodle

STORM II Rations

Post by limp_noodle » Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:44 am

I saw these on eBay, but I couldn't find any initial info on them. I decided to buy them and find out. I assumed they were like TOTMs so that's what I was expecting.

Anyway, here are the pictures.

Here's the box looks like:

DOP & Inspection Date:

Size comparison between a TOTM case and MCI case. I thought this was cool since they're all packed by SOPAKO:

Contents:

So as you can tell it's nothing too special. They're regular old civilian style MREs.

Thanks for reading!

TechManDan
eBay name: Av1979

Re: STORM II Rations

Post by TechManDan » Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm

Is there a NSN on the box anywhere? I wonder if they're just civilian rations in a fancy box.

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 am

I saw these on Ebay as well and was curious about them. Thanks for posting pics! I would venture to guess these were probably produced as a special run for some company who wanted a meal "similar" to the TOTM.

But from your pics, maybe they are the same as the SOPAKO commercial rations, just packaged in a case that says STORM II?

How similar are the contents to those of a TOTM?

Travelowl

Post by Travelowl » Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:57 pm

I do see they have the cardboard entree sleeves, which the older civilian meals I've encountered do not have.

I have at least a few of those older ones on hand if we want to open some up to compare contents. I wouldn't mind at all.

limp_noodle

Post by limp_noodle » Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:01 pm

TechManDan wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 8:35 pm
Is there a NSN on the box anywhere? I wonder if they're just civilian rations in a fancy box.
No NSN anywhere I can see.
cavguy wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:13 am
I saw these on Ebay as well and was curious about them. Thanks for posting pics! I would venture to guess these were probably produced as a special run for some company who wanted a meal "similar" to the TOTM.

But from your pics, maybe they are the same as the SOPAKO commercial rations, just packaged in a case that says STORM II?

How similar are the contents to those of a TOTM?
Your guess about them being specially package sounds like a good one. I've never had a commercial ration personally, but they do look similar to the ones in all photos that I've seen.

The contents are very similar if not the same to the TOTMs that I've had.
Travelowl wrote:
Sun Apr 01, 2018 12:57 pm
I do see they have the cardboard entree sleeves, which the older civilian meals I've encountered do not have.

I have at least a few of those older ones on hand if we want to open some up to compare contents. I wouldn't mind at all.
The older civilian/commercial MREs have cardboard boxes, but I think even those switched over to sleeves as well.