Diabetic MRE’s

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Demamp_Camp

Diabetic MRE’s

Post by Demamp_Camp » Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:01 am

Hey guys,

As I explained in the members forum, I’m entirely new to the world of MREs and found myself a little curious about this subject.

With the ever-growing amount of people that are afflicted with diabetes, be it by personal life choices or by birth, is there a manufacturer out there that creates an MRE for people that have diabetes? There is a significant portion of our population that is faced with the affliction of diabetes, that I feel like there are many that would need to take this into consideration for survival.

I’ve done a small amount of research online and have not been able to find too much information.

Diabetics would need a low sugar (obviously) and a low carb intake (carbs turn into sugars if not used) meal plan to survive without worries of triggering diabetic problems.

I kinda feel like this is an untapped market and diabetics could really use a smart, life-sustaining option for survival.

Your thoughts?

EDIT: If you have any information that I’m apparently unaware of...I’d love to know. Thanks guys and again...I thoroughly love this community.

Also, would like to add not just for survival situations, but also for camping or spending some time outside of the normal comforts of technology/society.

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Re: Diabetic MRE’s

Post by Conrad » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:44 am

I suppose in time, if the likes of black dog Bob's custom service expands sufficiently you could probably strike up a deal to make batches of them to order, if the ingredients could be found

norge

Post by norge » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 am

there is no military diabetic mres made yet for the military service since if you are diabetic you can not do service...
but for civilians there might be something on the market :D

cheers ken

housil

Post by housil » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:24 am

Mod: We have had that topic twice

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4878&

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:32 pm

Sorry to say. Diabetics are not allowed in any Military venue, except, maybe the head-choppers in the sand-box. Try to eat more splenda. LOL :lol: :twisted:
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!