NateP

Re: Pizza is Back

Post by NateP » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:33 am

Dangit! You beat me to it! :)

Excited to see this though.

Silverallday

Post by Silverallday » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:09 pm

It takes a village. You'll beat me on the next one. I'm a little worried though how the AI fed me this story based on my reading habits... The algorithms are getting pretty smart!

DangerousDave

Post by DangerousDave » Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:25 pm

Yea, but Bridgford is going to let them loose Civvy. Will be avail. at Wal*Mart before you ever see one in an MRE menu. They are OK, not dissing them. The Norwegians seem to like it. The Norge are better than us at Winter/Arctic Sports. 8)
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Richard w.

Post by Richard w. » Wed Mar 21, 2018 6:13 pm

Alright. Seen much worse looking MRE items.

Just curious as to why they didn't melt that cheese. Do you think this was impossible to do, or did somebody (perhaps someone who has never seen a real pizza? Haha!) make this choice?

Just looks a little gross.
s-l1600rr.jpg

cavguy

Post by cavguy » Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:21 pm

Its actually not bad at all! Tastes just like "school" pizza back in the day.

SentientTootsieRoll

Post by SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:21 pm

I posted this in the forum before, but just in case you missed it: https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-2-2018-Bri ... 2749.l2649
If we don't study the mistakes of the future, we're bound to repeat them for the first time.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:42 pm

I've now watched a few video reviews by some of our board guys. So far, I am neither enthused nor amused by MRE pizza.

Now, I fully realize it's a far different thing for some soldier crouched on a ledge in Wherethehellistan. But I have absolutely no desire to settle for four bites of lukewarm mediocre pizza.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Post by parafireboy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:06 pm

I kind of went into it trying to keep my expectations low, but I was really surprised how good it really was. Granted, I ate it warmed, and in field conditions it will likely often be eaten cold. It certainly can't compare to your neighborhood pizza joint, but I'd be quite happy if I drew this MRE in the field. I was worried about how the crust would be, since the wheat snack breads can be quite dense due to moisture limitations, but I think they nailed it with the pizza.
IMG_3134.jpg
After trying it, I ended up stocking up for summer outings. :D
IMG_3163.jpg

Mpitt

Post by Mpitt » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:58 pm

My guess is that the cheese will not melt. The cheese was the item that was the most difficult to make self stable as it was turning colors on them in a short time so they probably had to load it up with stabilizers which means you could probably hit it with a blow torch and see no change. NASA might want to think about using these squares as shuttle heat tiles.

Joking aside, I did get one of these from BlackDogBob. I'll be trying it out soon.