Odd Vintage Ration

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Eistee
eBay name: mjulian-de

Odd Vintage Ration

Post by Eistee » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:36 am

I have got a weird vintage ration off ebay and wanted to ask if anyone knows what it is.
I havent found any information about it.

It seems to contain crackers, weighs around 2 pounds and is just a laminated paper bag.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 16.20.31.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2018-02-13 at 16.22.57.jpeg

cavguy

Re: Odd Vintage Ration

Post by cavguy » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:05 am

French maybe?

viewtopic.php?t=1935

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Post by wats6831 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:57 am

Eistee wrote:I have got a weird vintage ration off ebay and wanted to ask if anyone knows what it is.
I havent found any information about it.

It seems to contain crackers, weighs around 2 pounds and is just a laminated paper bag.
For some reason the Maginot Line comes to mind. I remember reading something several years ago that even up until the 80s..possibly later, the French military (well reserves really) was still stocking the Maginot Line fortifications with rations.

I've seen several different types of really strange non-standard rations. Some from the 80s and some older. Some using commercial grocery components and some quasi-military.

The one thing they all had in common was almost no marking at all. But it would seem strange that the markings wouldn't be in French.

My theory was, at some points during the cold war, we gave old C rations and other types of rations to French and other countries as a 'just in case' to help them keep their reserves and old fortifications stocked against a Russian surprise attack.

Just my musings.....probably nothing like that.

noderaser
eBay name: noderaser

Post by noderaser » Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:12 pm

Early Canadian?
I'm using my computer's spare resources to help find cures for diseases, analyze astronomical data, render 3D animations, simulate new materials and run climate models--what is your computer doing? http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ Or ask me for help!