Newbie Question -- MRE Predictability

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
NateP

Newbie Question -- MRE Predictability

Post by NateP » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:56 pm

The title more or less says it all -- How predictable are US MREs?

I'd likes to get into reviewing, so if I get say, Menu 5, will I always get the same mains and sides?

Moreover, does every US MRE come with coffe? I got Lemon Tuna a few weeks back with no coffee or matches.

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: Newbie Question -- MRE Predictability

Post by BTemple » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:13 pm

NateP wrote:The title more or less says it all -- How predictable are US MREs?

I'd likes to get into reviewing, so if I get say, Menu 5, will I always get the same mains and sides?

Moreover, does every US MRE come with coffe? I got Lemon Tuna a few weeks back with no coffee or matches.
It all depends on the manufacturer, and there are 3 of them, so you could get slight variations.
And no, some MRE's, like Menu 21, have no coffee in the accessory pack.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:57 am

Welcome to the forum from N. Cali!
Ive always had luck with american MREs being "Consistently Inconsistent!" HAHA Ive always been surprised on what I get next!
I had 3 cases at one point at my sole access....all the same date 2013, and manufacture-"Ameriqual" ....I swear the guys packaging it had fun making it inconstant! OR in better terms, Interesting!? HA! The best part is I have had a 5/1 Coffee ratio in my favor. Im on the winning end in instants!

The British 24HR rations
and
Canadian IRP
Both had some of my favorite entrees and Coffees!

The tops was the Norwegian Coffee!

I hope your adventure is filled with Coffee Instants!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:32 am

WorkmanMRE wrote:Welcome to the forum from N. Cali!
Ive always had luck with american MREs being "Consistently Inconsistent!" HAHA Ive always been surprised on what I get next!
I had 3 cases at one point at my sole access....all the same date 2013, and manufacture-"Ameriqual" ....I swear the guys packaging it had fun making it inconstant! OR in better terms, Interesting!? HA! The best part is I have had a 5/1 Coffee ratio in my favor. Im on the winning end in instants!

The British 24HR rations
and
Canadian IRP
Both had some of my favorite entrees and Coffees!

The tops was the Norwegian Coffee!

I've never drank a coffee in my entire life, so every single one I get goes into big ziploc bags, along with other accessories, for my brother to take out in the field with him on his Archaeological digs. Or I just pawn some off on my fellow teachers who live on coffee.... the Australian stuff is apparently the worst so far.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

NateP

Post by NateP » Wed Jan 03, 2018 3:13 pm

Me too! Are there any guarantees with breakfast menus? I would assume they would usually come with coffee?

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:03 pm

I've never drank a coffee in my entire life, so every single one I get goes into big ziploc bags, along with other accessories, for my brother to take out in the field with him on his Archaeological digs. Or I just pawn some off on my fellow teachers who live on coffee.... the Australian stuff is apparently the worst so far.[/quote]

DUDE, lets trade for the COFFEE BAG! Your Colleges dont love you like I do! HAHA I dont know that.....HAHA, But if you wanna trade for some Coffee INSTANT Im always DOWN!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:28 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:I've never drank a coffee in my entire life, so every single one I get goes into big ziploc bags, along with other accessories, for my brother to take out in the field with him on his Archaeological digs. Or I just pawn some off on my fellow teachers who live on coffee.... the Australian stuff is apparently the worst so far.
DUDE, lets trade for the COFFEE BAG! Your Colleges dont love you like I do! HAHA I dont know that.....HAHA, But if you wanna trade for some Coffee INSTANT Im always DOWN![/quote]

Hell I've even got some Coffee Instant Type 1

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Hell I've even got some Coffee Instant Type 1[/quote]

DDDDUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEE! BROOOOOOOOO! Ill trade you my first born! Name your price or trade! (Im gettting a lot of mres this month, a lot of meaty ones )
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

WorkmanMRE

Post by WorkmanMRE » Thu Jan 04, 2018 6:33 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:Hell I've even got some Coffee Instant Type 1
DDDDUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEE! BROOOOOOOOO! Ill trade you my first born! Name your price or trade! (Im gettting a lot of mres this month, a lot of meaty ones )[/quote]
BTW mailing your artwork tomorrow!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE

BTemple

Post by BTemple » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:13 pm

WorkmanMRE wrote:
WorkmanMRE wrote:Hell I've even got some Coffee Instant Type 1
DDDDUUUUUUUDDDDEEEEEE! BROOOOOOOOO! Ill trade you my first born! Name your price or trade! (Im gettting a lot of mres this month, a lot of meaty ones )
BTW mailing your artwork tomorrow![/quote]

I'll put together a random big accessory bag and send you a picture and see what you think!