The MCW Burst!!

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

The MCW Burst!!

Postby Simon2002mre » Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:26 am

So today was marred by this little thing that happened :(
I busted into the MCW that steve1989 had sent to me, and upon opening I realized something was immediately wrong. There was power EVERYWHERE! The main had been burst open, and by what I have no idea! :( It reeked like death, and the rest of this amazing ration was ruined. The thing is, the rest of the outer cover was in great condition. It was in date too, so I don't know what could have happened!
It kinda sucked because I was really looking forward to this, and this was the only MCW I had. Welp next time right! Man, I was really looking forward to that to! :(
photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

Well anyways you all have a great Thankgiving!
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Re: The MCW Burst!!

Postby steve1989 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:15 am

Oh man that's a bummer Simon. I wonder what could have punctured the beef stew before it was packed like that? What a weird cast of bad luck too. Whatever nastiness that was going on in there, it must have permeated the rest of the component's packaging. Was everything else no good too because of it? I'm sorry that happened! :(
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Postby Simon2002mre » Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:39 am

steve1989 wrote:Oh man that's a bummer Simon. I wonder what could have punctured the beef stew before it was packed like that? What a weird cast of bad luck too. Whatever nastiness that was going on in there, it must have permeated the rest of the component's packaging. Was everything else no good too because of it? I'm sorry that happened! :(

Ya it was gross! Everything had some type of pin hole or puncture, and it all reeked! Even the accessory packet was opened. I threw everything away, but when I first saw that main, I was like huh, then I went through and it was all destroyed! :( Bad luck I guess. Whatever the situation. Don't be sorry man it wasn't your fault. :)
Just the Ration Boogie man at work.
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

cavguy

Postby cavguy » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:11 am

First time I have seen a MCW/LRP main punctured like that! Must have happened during packaging.

Return to “MREs”