Korean War B-3 Unit 1955 Date Code

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Korean War B-3 Unit 1955 Date Code

Post by Simon2002mre » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Hey everybody!
I'm going to be doing a review soon on a B-3 unit I got. It is in almost perfect shape! I am super exited and It really honours my great grandfathers legacy, seeing as he fought in this war.
Here are some photos;
File_001.jpeg
File_003.jpeg
File_002.jpeg
File_000.jpeg
File_000 (6).jpeg
Cheers all, and get exited for a upcoming review!! :D :D
-Simon Cross
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Re: Korean War B-3 Unit 1955 Date Code

Post by steve1989 » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:12 pm

The cookie has a very good chance of still being good - actually all of it does! No jam - and that is good. The jam corrodes and will burst over time - poisoning the rest of the contents and making it smell likes copper and rot.

So yours is a great score. If it is one of those "Mother's" cookies, it should be like a vanilla oreo of sorts. Hoping it has stood the test of time for you and it is a nice experience, Simon.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:19 pm

steve1989 wrote:The cookie has a very good chance of still being good - actually all of it does! No jam - and that is good. The jam corrodes and will burst over time - poisoning the rest of the contents and making it smell likes copper and rot.

So yours is a great score. If it is one of those "Mother's" cookies, it should be like a vanilla oreo of sorts. Hoping it has stood the test of time for you and it is a nice experience, Simon.
Thanks! Looking forward to it, I'm hoping it's in good shape inside

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:10 pm

steve1989 wrote:The cookie has a very good chance of still being good - actually all of it does! No jam - and that is good. The jam corrodes and will burst over time - poisoning the rest of the contents and making it smell likes copper and rot.

I opened that bad boy up for a review. Low and behold, there was a little thing of peach jam. That has exploded and destroyed EVERYTHING in there! It was SUPER disappointing, I was hoping for some good stuff. I'll be posting a video on it pretty soon.

Simon2002mre

Post by Simon2002mre » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:18 pm

Simon2002mre wrote:

I opened that bad boy up for a review. Low and behold, there was a little thing of peach jam. That has exploded and destroyed EVERYTHING in there! It was SUPER disappointing, I was hoping for some good stuff. I'll be posting a video on it pretty soon.
It made me really sad :oops:

Next time right! :D

JT1991

Post by JT1991 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:31 pm

Simon2002mre wrote:
Simon2002mre wrote:

It made me really sad :oops:

Next time right! :D
Such a huge let down when things end up destroyed. Same feeling when I found out my MCI cigs were crushed. That's the way it goes. Hopes for the next time! Take care Simon.

- JT1991
"RCI. Taste History"

steve1989
eBay name: :D

Post by steve1989 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:34 pm

I missed the near scuffed off print of 'jam'.
If it was PB, it woulda been fine.
Bummer.
What is the oldest thing you've ever eaten?