Disappointed MCI Cigarettes

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
JT1991

Disappointed MCI Cigarettes

Postby JT1991 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 pm

Hey everyone,

So I just received my first MCI containing cigarettes. I was on edge. Couldn't wait to get them. When I got them and opened the accessory pack, the cigarettes were crushed. Very disappointed. Not what I hoping being my first MCI with cigs. :cry:

Hope everyone else is having a decent day.

- JT1991
Attachments
IMG_20170920_180112415.jpg
"RCI. Taste History"

Mpitt

Re: Disappointed MCI Cigarettes

Postby Mpitt » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:26 pm

Aww, sorry man. Nothing is worse than destroyed expectations. I don't share your love for cigarettes but I know all too well that feeling. Here's to hoping your next pack is crisp, well preserved and aged to perfection.

SentientTootsieRoll

Postby SentientTootsieRoll » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:17 pm

I know that feeling. I bought a circa 1960s MCI on eBay and paid a large sum for it too. The pics showed the MCI being completely unopened, everything intact and the seller described it as such. When I received it, I opened it up and lo and behold, the accessory packet had been torn open and the cigarette packet was also opened. While I presume it still had the original cigarettes (I had no way of knowing for sure) they were incredibly dry and broke apart as soon as I took them out of the packaging. I was pissed that the seller had rummaged around in it, taken things out of it and for all I know, even replaced some things and tacked on a misleading description.

Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Postby Simon2002mre » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:10 pm

JT1991 wrote:Hey everyone,

So I just received my first MCI containing cigarettes. I was on edge. Couldn't wait to get them. When I got them and opened the accessory pack, the cigarettes were crushed. Very disappointed. Not what I hoping being my first MCI with cigs. :cry:

- JT1991

Aww man! That sucks bro, next time for sure!
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

JT1991

Postby JT1991 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:14 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:I know that feeling. I bought a circa 1960s MCI on eBay and paid a large sum for it too. The pics showed the MCI being completely unopened, everything intact and the seller described it as such. When I received it, I opened it up and lo and behold, the accessory packet had been torn open and the cigarette packet was also opened. While I presume it still had the original cigarettes (I had no way of knowing for sure) they were incredibly dry and broke apart as soon as I took them out of the packaging. I was pissed that the seller had rummaged around in it, taken things out of it and for all I know, even replaced some things and tacked on a misleading description.

Oh man. Such a let down when something like that happens. Here's to future purchases with everything intact! Take care and good luck on your next purchase.
"RCI. Taste History"

Nighthawk1097
eBay name: Nighthawk1097

Postby Nighthawk1097 » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:26 pm

JT1991 wrote:Hey everyone,

Hope everyone else is having a decent day.

- JT1991

Oh no! I got a pack of Salems, not a huge menthol person so I have yet to open it, but I hope they don't look like that when I do.
Keep calm and knead peanut butter
https://www.youtube.com/user/1997Nighthawk

Return to “MREs”