Salad Bar

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
kwiklot

Re: Salad Bar

Postby kwiklot » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:07 am

They have to try something the lack of good nutrients in a mre are atrocious sure it will make me go but it's ruining me in the process. At least they are trying something

WorkmanMRE

Postby WorkmanMRE » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:59 am

If anyone ever finds a few,
this IS A MUST HAVE item for my Vegetarian MRE channel.
I would sell one of my kids to aquire one. Haha. But I am apprehensive about the rehydration process! I would imagine it would be like warm cole slaw.

All in all I would love to try one!
Cheers,
WorkmanMRE

and
Animal Free MRE
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC39Adn ... subscriber
-----------------------------------------------------------

Treesuit

Postby Treesuit » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:36 pm

I'd give it a try, like one soldier mentioning it was getting a "Caesar granola bar". Just wish they had more flavors.

While I have to agree with another poster there is a lack of vegetables, and nutrients in MRE's, so I give credit to Natick to trying to fill the gap on this. Rather than suck down strained goo, as has past attempts have shown, this would be a better replacement for eating on the go or during a lull/downtime period. I could see this as a lunch type meal where you may not need or can't get a full MRE in one sitting.

Next are two questions, would Natick put these in the RCW/LRP meals as supplements, put them into regular MRE's, or FSR's? Also why hasn't the private sector figured this out and put something on the market. I'm sure the private sector could field something.

Return to “MREs”