Bland all in one MRE

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Crucible
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Bland all in one MRE

Postby Crucible » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:23 pm

New to MREs and had no luck with google search, I'm looking for an MRE like an energy bar but with the 1/3 of daily recommended calories, nutrients, fat, protein, carbs, etc., not looking for an MRE with mints, candy, instant coffee, dessert but the entire meal minus the water in a single ration, preferably bland. An MRE that you can theoretically live on (water not included). Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby Conrad » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:30 pm

Well you're not meant to live on MREs for long periods but menus like the chicken chunks, white, cooked are pretty bland if you don't add hot sauce. It depends what you define as bland really. Do you mean as little actual taste or flavour as possible or just "plain" / not spicy or sour etc?

But a "bar" or energy supplement/ food ration.... That's a different sort if thing and not really called an MRE

Crucible
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:45 pm

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby Crucible » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:14 pm

I mean I am not looking for a meal consisting of several parts, like bread, cheese spread, some meat, more like an on the go tear open and eat, the entire MRE in a single product, like a bar

DonJa
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:58 pm
Location: Commonwealth of Virginia

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby DonJa » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:55 am

I would recommend Seven Oceans, Datrex or NRG-9.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/1725108190 ... dispItem=1
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datrex-2400-Cal ... SwirZTtohs
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/2530676155 ... dispItem=1

I am not affiliated in any way with these products or sellers, and the pricing is approximate. But I think it describes what you're after. Seven Oceans is designed to sustain one person for 3 days, and has a shelf life of 5+ years. It tastes just awful too- bland, almost flavorless cookie-bar, with a hint of grease.

Conrad
Posts: 393
Joined: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:27 pm
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts
Location: Ireland

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby Conrad » Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:18 am

Crucible wrote:I mean I am not looking for a meal consisting of several parts, like bread, cheese spread, some meat, more like an on the go tear open and eat, the entire MRE in a single product, like a bar


I don't think there is any product on the market that can supply your total needs of protein, carbs, fibre etc on one single "bar" or mixture. Certainly if you try to survive for a long time on any of the compressed emergency food bars then your health will suffer. If its for short term or emergency use the likes of datrex bars or NRG-M etc would sustain you.

Is it something you plan on eating all the time to replace food or to have as a supplement or stored for emergencies?

User avatar
wats6831
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:59 pm
eBay name: MREmountain
Location: Idaho, USA
Contact:

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby wats6831 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:53 am

Crucible wrote:New to MREs and had no luck with google search, I'm looking for an MRE like an energy bar but with the 1/3 of daily recommended calories, nutrients, fat, protein, carbs, etc., not looking for an MRE with mints, candy, instant coffee, dessert but the entire meal minus the water in a single ration, preferably bland. An MRE that you can theoretically live on (water not included). Can anyone point me in the right direction?


The only thing I can think of that sort of gets at what you're looking for is Soylent. https://www.soylent.com/

It's definitely designed to do what you're asking. It's certainly bland...in an algae sort of way :lol: I couldn't stomach it for an all day every day meal replacement.

Charles
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:40 pm
eBay name: chm3644
Location: Graham, Texas

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby Charles » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:53 pm

wats6831 wrote:The only thing I can think of that sort of gets at what you're looking for is Soylent. https://www.soylent.com/

Something about that name just doesn't sound too appetizing...

User avatar
Eistee
Posts: 410
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:30 am
Location: Germany

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby Eistee » Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:07 pm

There used to be a Meal in one bar form, but im not sure if its produced anymore.
Its civilian and called "Bullet meal"
Ive had one of those bars once, they were really filling and not too bad.

Here is a website where you can find them: https://varuste.net/en/tuotemerkintuotteet.php?_id=704&kaikki=1

User avatar
SpanishInquisition
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 7:31 pm

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby SpanishInquisition » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:26 pm

Charles wrote:Something about that name just doesn't sound too appetizing...




It's the food of the people, man!

User avatar
wats6831
Posts: 397
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:59 pm
eBay name: MREmountain
Location: Idaho, USA
Contact:

Re: Bland all in one MRE

Postby wats6831 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Eistee wrote:There used to be a Meal in one bar form, but im not sure if its produced anymore.
Its civilian and called "Bullet meal"
Ive had one of those bars once, they were really filling and not too bad.

Here is a website where you can find them: https://varuste.net/en/tuotemerkintuotteet.php?_id=704&kaikki=1


Those look about as appetizing as an extruded turd. I'll take my Soylent. It's the ultimate form of recycling! Made of 100% post-consumer waste.... :D


Return to “MREs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests