The Prize Of Your Collection....

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
parafireboy
eBay name: parafireboy

Re: The Prize Of Your Collection....

Postby parafireboy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:15 pm

I think it would have to be the original WW2 ration items in my collection. I keep these under glass for display only. The K-ration (breakfast unit) items that are the crown jewels of my collection came to me as an amazing surprise from our very own steve1989. Also included is a sealed WW2 D ration. The only item missing from the K ration is the main, which had corroded away long ago as the mains usually have with the K rats.

IMG_6001.JPG

Nighthawk1097
eBay name: Nighthawk1097

Postby Nighthawk1097 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:28 pm

parafireboy wrote:I think it would have to be the original WW2 ration items in my collection. I keep these under glass for display only. The K-ration (breakfast unit) items that are the crown jewels of my collection came to me as an amazing surprise from our very own steve1989. Also included is a sealed WW2 D ration. The only item missing from the K ration is the main, which had corroded away long ago as the mains usually have with the K rats.

This is too cool! Really want a K ration for my display. I am a very jealous man!
Keep calm and knead peanut butter
https://www.youtube.com/user/1997Nighthawk

parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:40 pm

Nighthawk1097 wrote:
parafireboy wrote:I think it would have to be the original WW2 ration items in my collection. I keep these under glass for display only. The K-ration (breakfast unit) items that are the crown jewels of my collection came to me as an amazing surprise from our very own steve1989. Also included is a sealed WW2 D ration. The only item missing from the K ration is the main, which had corroded away long ago as the mains usually have with the K rats.

This is too cool! Really want a K ration for my display. I am a very jealous man!

Thanks! Just keep your eye on the prize. They are out there, and the fact that they are hard to get makes it all the more special when you do get one for your collection.

Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

Postby Simon2002mre » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:42 pm

Man an old K-ration! So cool man!
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

JT1991

Postby JT1991 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:47 pm

Hey Simon.

How are you? Just got this today making it my prized piece so far. A 1952 Korean War era B-2 Unit!
Attachments
IMG_20170911_173717.jpg
IMG_20170911_174311.jpg
"RCI. Taste History"

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:32 pm

JT1991 wrote:Hey Simon.

How are you? Just got this today making it my prized piece so far. A 1952 Korean War era B-2 Unit!

I'm doing alright, still on the hunt!
How are you doing my man?

And and a Korean War era B-2 Unit?! Man! I want a fighter pilot emergency one, because my great grandfather was a bomber pilot during the korean war and it would mean the world to me to have it on my display. He was shot down and held as a P.O.W for 18 months. He was beaten everyday, and for weeks on end would be shoved in a box 3-3 feet. He told me he would do geometry on the walls with charcoal to stay sane. When he ran out of charcoal he wrote with his finger nails. Crazy stuff man, crazy stuff. But yea if you could keep your eye out for some Korean war era stuff, that would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Simon Cross

JT1991

Postby JT1991 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:50 pm

Simon2002mre wrote:
JT1991 wrote:Hey Simon.

I'm doing alright, still on the hunt!
How are you doing my man?

And and a Korean War era B-2 Unit?! Man! I want a fighter pilot emergency one, because my great grandfather was a bomber pilot during the korean war and it would mean the world to me to have it on my display. He was shot down and held as a P.O.W for 18 months. He was beaten everyday, and for weeks on end would be shoved in a box 3-3 feet. He told me he would do geometry on the walls with charcoal to stay sane. When he ran out of charcoal he wrote with his finger nails. Crazy stuff man, crazy stuff. But yea if you could keep your eye out for some Korean war era stuff, that would be much appreciated.
Cheers,
Simon Cross

I could be better. Fighting a bad cold at the moment.

Wow that is crazy. My grandfather was a drill sergent during the Korean War. Can't imagine figfting in a war. Ill definitely keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I come across anything. There are a few Korean War B-2 and 3 Unit rations on eBay left. That's where I got mine. Not sure how much you are willing to spend at the moment but this one is the cheapest one listed so far. Take care.
-JT1991
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Korean-War ... SwDRxZtIRp
"RCI. Taste History"

Simon2002mre

Postby Simon2002mre » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:05 pm

JT1991 wrote:I could be better. Fighting a bad cold at the moment.

Wow that is crazy. My grandfather was a drill sergent during the Korean War. Can't imagine figfting in a war. Ill definitely keep my eyes open for you and let you know if I come across anything. There are a few Korean War B-2 and 3 Unit rations on eBay left. That's where I got mine. Not sure how much you are willing to spend at the moment but this one is the cheapest one listed so far. Take care.
-JT1991
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1952-Korean-War ... SwDRxZtIRp

Aww man feel better! And thanks for the link! I might need to buy that! Take care man.

parafireboy

Postby parafireboy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:27 am

Simon2002mre wrote:Man an old K-ration! So cool man!

Thanks! :)

Return to “MREs”