MRE Menus

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
User avatar
Simon2002mre
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:41 pm
eBay name: simocros17
Contact:

MRE Menus

Postby Simon2002mre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:54 pm

What is your favorite MRE menu option/item? We all have one! Mine has to be the roasted corn nuggets, it's hard to decide!
-Simon2002mre
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

User avatar
BTemple
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm
eBay name: btem9257
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Contact:

Re: MRE Menus

Postby BTemple » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Southwest Beef and Black Beans main, without a doubt.
If I had to choose just one side though it would be the Spice or Carrot Pound Cake.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

SentientTootsieRoll
Posts: 219
Joined: Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:26 pm
Location: Spokane, WA, US

Re: MRE Menus

Postby SentientTootsieRoll » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 pm

The dairy shakes are the master component of MREs. You haven't lived until you've had the strawberry banana flavored shake. *drooling*

User avatar
alohakid
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 am
eBay name: admirals72
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: MRE Menus

Postby alohakid » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:51 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:The dairy shakes are the master component of MREs. You haven't lived until you've had the strawberry banana flavored shake. *drooling*


THE correct answer!

User avatar
DangerousDave
Posts: 1040
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Virginia

Re: MRE Menus

Postby DangerousDave » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Dairy Shakes are cool and the gang, but I have about 50 of them lying around. Yea, the banana/strawberry one is probably the best. Great for 18-20 year-olds, I guess. The only item I can think for current MRE's is the Caramel-Apple Ranger Bar, and the Chocolate-Chip Ranger bar. I'd buy an individual MRE just to get a 'Ranger Bar, regardless of entree. Spag. w. meatsauce is hands down, fav. entree of all time. Funny how there is only 1 Ranger bar in both cases A and B. Whats up with that? Are they that expensive to make, or is it just a 'Bill Clinton' thing, against the Rangers??? Whatever.
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Travelowl
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:47 am
Location: New England

Re: MRE Menus

Postby Travelowl » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:29 pm

While I love the dairy shakes, all of them, can we get some love for Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese?? My favorite by far!

User avatar
shawker71
Posts: 404
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:02 pm
eBay name: hawkermb
Location: North Alabama

Re: MRE Menus

Postby shawker71 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am

BTemple wrote:Southwest Beef and Black Beans main, without a doubt.
If I had to choose just one side though it would be the Spice or Carrot Pound Cake.


This exactly
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

User avatar
alohakid
Posts: 524
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 am
eBay name: admirals72
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Re: MRE Menus

Postby alohakid » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:44 am

DangerousDave wrote:Dairy Shakes are cool and the gang, but I have about 50 of them lying around. Yea, the banana/strawberry one is probably the best. Great for 18-20 year-olds, I guess. The only item I can think for current MRE's is the Caramel-Apple Ranger Bar, and the Chocolate-Chip Ranger bar. I'd buy an individual MRE just to get a 'Ranger Bar, regardless of entree. Spag. w. meatsauce is hands down, fav. entree of all time. Funny how there is only 1 Ranger bar in both cases A and B. Whats up with that? Are they that expensive to make, or is it just a 'Bill Clinton' thing, against the Rangers??? Whatever.


DangerousDave - Unable to PM you so I'll ask in open forum, hope you don't mind. Would you be interested in selling 10 banana/strawberry shakes? My older grand kids love them and with school starting this week, they asked if I could get more so they may take for lunch.

mahalo

User avatar
BTemple
Posts: 493
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:40 pm
eBay name: btem9257
Location: Newfoundland, Canada
Contact:

Re: MRE Menus

Postby BTemple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:43 am

shawker71 wrote:
BTemple wrote:Southwest Beef and Black Beans main, without a doubt.
If I had to choose just one side though it would be the Spice or Carrot Pound Cake.


This exactly


Great minds think alike hey? Haha
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

cavguy
Posts: 841
Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:24 pm
Location: West Coast USA

Re: MRE Menus

Postby cavguy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

I will throw in my more recent fav. dessert item; Peanut butter dessert bar!


Return to “MREs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests