MRE Menus

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Simon2002mre
eBay name: simocros17

MRE Menus

Postby Simon2002mre » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:54 pm

What is your favorite MRE menu option/item? We all have one! Mine has to be the roasted corn nuggets, it's hard to decide!
-Simon2002mre
Killed by rancid pound-cake. I know that will be on my tomb stone.

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Re: MRE Menus

Postby BTemple » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:22 pm

Southwest Beef and Black Beans main, without a doubt.
If I had to choose just one side though it would be the Spice or Carrot Pound Cake.
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

SentientTootsieRoll

Postby SentientTootsieRoll » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:29 pm

The dairy shakes are the master component of MREs. You haven't lived until you've had the strawberry banana flavored shake. *drooling*

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Postby alohakid » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:51 pm

SentientTootsieRoll wrote:The dairy shakes are the master component of MREs. You haven't lived until you've had the strawberry banana flavored shake. *drooling*

THE correct answer!

DangerousDave

Postby DangerousDave » Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:46 pm

Dairy Shakes are cool and the gang, but I have about 50 of them lying around. Yea, the banana/strawberry one is probably the best. Great for 18-20 year-olds, I guess. The only item I can think for current MRE's is the Caramel-Apple Ranger Bar, and the Chocolate-Chip Ranger bar. I'd buy an individual MRE just to get a 'Ranger Bar, regardless of entree. Spag. w. meatsauce is hands down, fav. entree of all time. Funny how there is only 1 Ranger bar in both cases A and B. Whats up with that? Are they that expensive to make, or is it just a 'Bill Clinton' thing, against the Rangers??? Whatever.
After the Chicken and the Egg, came the "Omelet"!

Travelowl

Postby Travelowl » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:29 pm

While I love the dairy shakes, all of them, can we get some love for Chicken with Tomatoes and Feta Cheese?? My favorite by far!

shawker71
eBay name: hawkermb

Postby shawker71 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:10 am

BTemple wrote:Southwest Beef and Black Beans main, without a doubt.
If I had to choose just one side though it would be the Spice or Carrot Pound Cake.

This exactly
The first to bring you the MRE pizza stone.

alohakid
eBay name: admirals72

Postby alohakid » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:44 am

DangerousDave wrote:Dairy Shakes are cool and the gang, but I have about 50 of them lying around. Yea, the banana/strawberry one is probably the best. Great for 18-20 year-olds, I guess. The only item I can think for current MRE's is the Caramel-Apple Ranger Bar, and the Chocolate-Chip Ranger bar. I'd buy an individual MRE just to get a 'Ranger Bar, regardless of entree. Spag. w. meatsauce is hands down, fav. entree of all time. Funny how there is only 1 Ranger bar in both cases A and B. Whats up with that? Are they that expensive to make, or is it just a 'Bill Clinton' thing, against the Rangers??? Whatever.

DangerousDave - Unable to PM you so I'll ask in open forum, hope you don't mind. Would you be interested in selling 10 banana/strawberry shakes? My older grand kids love them and with school starting this week, they asked if I could get more so they may take for lunch.

mahalo

BTemple
eBay name: btem9257

Postby BTemple » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:43 am

shawker71 wrote:
BTemple wrote:Southwest Beef and Black Beans main, without a doubt.

This exactly

Great minds think alike hey? Haha
In the immortal words of President Harrison Ford, Air Force One: Peace is not the absence of war... it is the presence of justice.

cavguy

Postby cavguy » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

I will throw in my more recent fav. dessert item; Peanut butter dessert bar!

Return to “MREs”