How many US MRE a day???

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
thortof

Re: How many US MRE a day???

Post by thortof » Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:21 am

wats6831 wrote:I can shed some light on the wildland firefighter side of things. When we dispatch to a fire we are required to be self sufficient for at least 24 hours, preferably 48 hours, including water. I've been on the ops side and on the logistics side.

Usually, for the first operational period or two (24-48 hours) you're eating MRE's only. Once the logistics and a base camp get put in place we can start providing 3 meals a day in camp, and we can also sling hot cans up to the fire line with a rotor-wing ship. So after the first 2-3 days, more wildland firefighters get 2 hot meals in camp and sack lunches on the line. MRE's are just to supplement if necessary.
Thx for that update
Do you use Army MRE, or special made for Firefighter?

Regards

wats6831
eBay name: MREmountain

Re: How many US MRE a day???

Post by wats6831 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:33 am

thortof wrote:
wats6831 wrote:I can shed some light on the wildland firefighter side of things. When we dispatch to a fire we are required to be self sufficient for at least 24 hours, preferably 48 hours, including water. I've been on the ops side and on the logistics side.

Usually, for the first operational period or two (24-48 hours) you're eating MRE's only. Once the logistics and a base camp get put in place we can start providing 3 meals a day in camp, and we can also sling hot cans up to the fire line with a rotor-wing ship. So after the first 2-3 days, more wildland firefighters get 2 hot meals in camp and sack lunches on the line. MRE's are just to supplement if necessary.
Thx for that update
Do you use Army MRE, or special made for Firefighter?

Regards
Mil spec MREs and FSRs.