Best packing Co. for US MRE's?

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
DCHD
eBay name: purpletalon55

Re: Best packing Co. for US MRE's?

Post by DCHD » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:21 am

I hate ameriqual terrible cheap plastic bag packaging. The salt water heaters, and the lack of good or rather any beverages in their a pack meals they give a lot less for the money and 99% of the selections are weird together. And make 0 sense like someone grabbed one random of each component out of a box packaged it without reading and called it a day.

Sopacko is nice I had a good chat with Sam Reichardt the other day who works for sopacko and if you have a issue they solve it. It's worth it for me to pay more to them directly to get a guaranteed fresh case.

Wornick is not bad they at least make sensible choices and don't use that cheap plastic bag crap ameriqual does. Although they have terrible support and the support staff were clueless.

If you want to get a prime example watch kiwidude video on the apack I sent that to him. Exactly why the apack is shit.

I have never tried a meal kit supply mre but I really want to I have to say that they have good support staff I emailed asking questions and they promptly answered them all and knew what they sold well.

Xmre is decent have had 3 cases from them, all we're okay but they jacked prices and started doing weird shit and offering too many different MREs so I haven't bought from them in a long time.

I also have never had a mre star ration and would like to try one I just can't find one.

RockyRaab

Post by RockyRaab » Mon Apr 24, 2017 9:10 am

I see that this is actually a discussion of civilian meals in "MRE style" whereas I thought it was about actual military rations. If it's about civilian meals, it's in the wrong forum. And if it's about military rations, there should be no mention of civilian meals.

Since it's wrong either way, I'll bow out now.
Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

DCHD

Post by DCHD » Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:22 pm

I mentioned cause I felt the need to talk about all MREs but it's a out military and sopacko told me they make 80% of all MREs for the military. And ironically a case I ordered got delayed cause the government was pounding them into the ground with more orders for MREs that I'm assuming are due to the cough North Korea situation.

freedash22
eBay name: freedash22

Post by freedash22 » Tue Apr 25, 2017 4:59 am

I'd give my nod to Ameriqual. They have a lesser-quality exterior bag (matte finish, not glossy and the printing rubs off more easily), but where they shine is the consistent use of the inner plastic bag. This inner bag is very useful as I've had rats gnaw through Sopacko and Wornick MREs, but the Ameriqual MREs and the inner bag have, in my case, prevented rats from chewing through and reaching the food. The rats here in the Philippines are huge and some are the size of house cats.

In addition, I like the inner bag as it keeps things compact and prevents the food items inside the MRE from loosely shaking around when being carried. Also in some cases, with the sharp corners of the retort packages, items can scratch and puncture the MRE brown bag from the inside if tightly packed together; the inner bag of Ameriqual prevents this. It helps with waterproofing it as well, in case the brown bag is damaged. It adds packaging waste, but the benefits have always been useful to me.

I could be wrong, but so far, in my experience, Ameriqual MREs are the ones that consistently use the inner bag. I miss MCWs that are made by Ameriqual (now made by Wornick). Thankfully, FSRs are now Ameriqual (used to be Sopacko).
I don't care what people think about vintage wine. Vintage rations are more fun!

DCHD

Post by DCHD » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 pm

Sopacko makes more rations than all the other companies for government and now uses the plastic inside the outer bag my Sure Paks and my government mres both have the clear inner bag. But ameriqual still has trans fats and sopacko doesnt. So that along beats ameriqual.