US MRE packaging site

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
Cdevaney
eBay name: cdevaney6

US MRE packaging site

Postby Cdevaney » Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:40 am

Does anyone know if some US MRE's are still packed in Evansville, Indiana? I've got a few 2010's that were, and if they still make them there I could snag some for pretty cheap when I visit my brother in college.

Westview
eBay name: robichj

Re: US MRE packaging site

Postby Westview » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Cdevaney wrote:Does anyone know if some US MRE's are still packed in Evansville, Indiana? I've got a few 2010's that were, and if they still make them there I could snag some for pretty cheap when I visit my brother in college.
It's a nice idea, but if they have a contract with the US Department of Defence I don't think they will sell a few of them to the general public.

Cdevaney
eBay name: cdevaney6

Postby Cdevaney » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:03 pm

Westview wrote:
Cdevaney wrote:Does anyone know if some US MRE's are still packed in Evansville, Indiana? I've got a few 2010's that were, and if they still make them there I could snag some for pretty cheap when I visit my brother in college.
It's a nice idea, but if they have a contract with the US Department of Defence I don't think they will sell a few of them to the general public.

I was thinkin the stores around there might have a wider variety. Just a little food for though :D

Conrad
eBay name: ConradsAutoParts

Postby Conrad » Fri Jan 27, 2017 5:37 am

Well there's no harm having a look if you're going there anyway

Biobrew

Postby Biobrew » Sat Jan 28, 2017 4:14 pm

It's a shame these companies don't seem to be allowed to sell off spec stuff to the public. If Wornick packages an entrée and the box size is off, or the printing gets screwed up, what happens to it? I say they should sell it to the general public.

noderaser
eBay name: noderaser

Postby noderaser » Mon Jan 30, 2017 12:08 am

They probably just bust open the packages that fail QA and repackage them.

All the companies that make mil-spec rations also have a civilian version.
I'm using my computer's spare resources to help find cures for diseases, analyze astronomical data, render 3D animations, simulate new materials and run climate models--what is your computer doing? http://boinc.berkeley.edu/ Or ask me for help!

Ruleryak
eBay name: ruleryak

Postby Ruleryak » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:15 pm

I have some friends in Evansville - the whole place is pretty well locked down. They don't sell rations to the public at all on site and don't offer tours or anything else for that matter.

It's the Ameriqual plant btw. US MREs are also packaged in Texas and South Carolina (Wornick and SoPakCo). The Evansville plant also produces A-Pack civilian meals (which may be for sale on site, I don't know off hand, but they are not the same thing as a US GI MRE).

Return to “MREs”