MRE's in some bad movie

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
donaldjcheek

Re: MRE's in some bad movie

Post by donaldjcheek » Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:32 pm

MCI's are shown in both "Platoon" & "Hamburger Hill". (Both movies about VietNam.) C-rats are shown in several WW2 movies (e.g. "A Walk in the Sun"), but I can't recall any Korean War movies that show C-rats.

As an aside, I wish someone would make a movie based on the book, "The Gentle Infantryman" by William Young Boyd. If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend you do so. (Connection to this site is K-rations & D-ration bars are mentioned several times.)
"I think," said Christopher Robin, "that we ought to eat all our Provisions now, so that we shan't have so much to carry."

M R Eedy
eBay name: Creeder

Post by M R Eedy » Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:50 pm

I dont know if anyone has said this but jar head had an mre scene it was desert storm based movie

Smitty

Post by Smitty » Fri Jan 10, 2020 2:45 pm

Generation Kill has several scenes revolving around MRE's.

Here is one of my favourites (Language Warning...if you'd rather not hear it):

MRE Cookies:

All the best, Gents.

- I'm also making videos mainly for my own enjoyment, but hey, maybe you might want to check them out: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4-9gp ... C1dSyPX0w/

TheMaus

Post by TheMaus » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:39 am

Though not a movie the game Escape from Tarkov has a very high def looking MRE model in it. thought it was pretty neat :D
People i Reccomend : ViperGTS,Steve1989,KML1989,Dvalin

MOST WANTED MRES:
Full MCI With Smokes, Italian MRE With Cordiale, Emergence parachute Rations, PM me if you have any of these please :D