Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Discussions about US MREs and other US rations
norge
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by norge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:30 am

steve1989 Do you collect US ration M&M's?

me: oh yes I collect al style of US candy's :D :D

User avatar
steve1989
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm
eBay name: -
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by steve1989 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 6:38 am

I collect M&Ms too, they turn up in rations as far back as 1944 in C rat Breakfast B units.

Then Reeses pieces turn up rarely in MREs, I found 2 so far.

1951 is top center. From a figid trail ration- its slogan was:

Not just chocolate- not just candy - but a delicious blend.
Attachments
20200106_054934.jpg
I had opened this one in Burbank CA at a vintage car show and about 5 or 6 other folks tried an M&M and some biscuits with me. It was a cool moment.
20200106_053449.jpg
20200106_053446.jpg
20200106_053438.jpg
20200106_053515.jpg
20200106_053509.jpg
20200106_053506.jpg
20200106_053501.jpg
20200106_053452.jpg

norge
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by norge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:31 am

impressive M&M collection :D

User avatar
steve1989
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm
eBay name: -
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by steve1989 » Mon Jan 06, 2020 9:18 am

norge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:31 am
impressive M&M collection :D
Thank you! 8) I started collecting them about 5 years ago now.

M R Eedy
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun May 05, 2019 5:39 pm
eBay name: Creeder
Location: East central illinois

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by M R Eedy » Mon Jan 06, 2020 10:50 am

Dang Norge and steve both very impressive collections I love to see all this cool vintage stuff it blows my mind

norge
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by norge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm

just had to a post this,opened a 1983 mre :D
cant wait to eat the chocolate covered cookie and the other goodies 8)
019.jpg
022.jpg
the items spread out on a 1983 case

just had to show the closer devise from the rcw and how they work
018.jpg
btw il try to fix some candy pictures later

norge
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by norge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:22 pm

maybe I should spread out al this if anyone want to see the different menus?
this have been locked down for many many years...
013.jpg

User avatar
Cortexmelon
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:49 pm
Location: Columbus, OH

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by Cortexmelon » Mon Jan 06, 2020 2:45 pm

norge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 1:59 pm
just had to a post this,opened a 1983 mre :D
cant wait to eat the chocolate covered cookie and the other goodies 8)
019.jpg

022.jpg
the items spread out on a 1983 case

just had to show the closer devise from the rcw and how they work
018.jpg

btw il try to fix some candy pictures later
Norge, those circular cookies are VASTLY superior to the rectangle versions IMO. I wish I had a thousand of those things lol.

norge
Posts: 1316
Joined: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:57 pm

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by norge » Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:23 pm

my M&Ms not as many as steve1989..
when you have kids back in the days when I started you know what happened :lol:
008.jpg
the colourful M&Ms
009.jpg
I thinks it was the same problem with the chocolate covered cookies to..
but I know I have the al the rcw and a tan some place :? if not I find them : im interested in trading if any have spares???(steve1989?)
021.jpg
and the real old cookies ranging from 1981 to 1983 the biggest is from 1983 (had a 1983 one a few months back, oh it as delicious !
019.jpg
020.jpg

User avatar
steve1989
Posts: 1256
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 7:32 pm
eBay name: -
Location: Central Florida
Contact:

Re: Vintage mre,rcw,lrrp items tread

Post by steve1989 » Tue Jan 07, 2020 6:48 am

norge wrote:
Mon Jan 06, 2020 4:23 pm
my M&Ms not as many as steve1989..
when you have kids back in the days when I started you know what happened :lol:
008.jpg

the colourful M&Ms
009.jpg

I thinks it was the same problem with the chocolate covered cookies to..
but I know I have the al the rcw and a tan some place :? if not I find them : im interested in trading if any have spares???(steve1989?)
021.jpg

and the real old cookies ranging from 1981 to 1983 the biggest is from 1983 (had a 1983 one a few months back, oh it as delicious !
019.jpg

020.jpg

Heheh yep I bet they ate up a few bags of collectable M&Ms. :lol: Gotta say man the ones from WW2 really held up, only slightly sour but still edible!

I miss the gorilla cookies - before the rectangular single choc covered.. still good but I agree with Cortex those circulars are the best (if you are lucky enough to find fresh ones!).


Gotta get a few internationals shipped out and then back to gathering items for the next round of shipments. I am putting a couple more lots of items for folks, so now I will put together a range of items for you to choose from as well. :)

Post Reply